My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Seems like I'm just better off throwing a stabilizer in the junk I buy for the cars etc. down at the store.

Oh, and FYI I could have bought a bottle of HEET today. There it was on the shelves at the store on the automotive/wood cutting supplies section.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It is a shame that we get less MPG and also have to spend more money to save our equipment and cars just to use that junk. Please take it out it does not help make it a greener world. Use the corn for feed like it was ment to be used. Buy non e10 fuel!!!!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
375 Posts
With all due respect to the Star Brits representative, could someone please explain the difference between Star Brits and Sta-bil to me? I have been using Sta-bil (red) for years without a single problem. I can only get ethanol blended gasoline, I only use 87 octane as per my equipment manuals, and many times the fuel will sit in the equipment fuel tanks for months.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok i am new to this stuff but startron is the best i have personal seen it turn yellow gas clear like aamco gas back in the day. We put it in all of the carts we sell and service I am a 10 year tech on golf carts and it is the first mechanic in a can i have seen work. it cleans the carbs out after a few uses it is great stuff. We tried other stuff like the lucas e 10 treatment no where near the same results.Like i said it is good stuff worth the buy. :congrats:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was given an engine that hadn't run in like 30+ years, its tank was full of stabilized LEADED gas. It started on the first pull and probably got 3hrs out of that 1/2 gal tank, when I put the ethanol junk in it and it sputtered and smoked and now it only runs about 1 1/2 hrs on a tank. It Blew a head gasget and the carbon bildup was very "impressive" :Disgus:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts