My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I found this Quart of BP Sea and land 2-cycle oil at you guessed it, a BP gas station. I got it for $2.50 so it's worth the price to see if it's any good. Have any of you guys used it? I haven't even heard of it before now. I have no idea if it is actually a BP product but who knows.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Never seen it before, I am going to go to a local BP tomorrow to see if they have any....

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Hey guys, I found this Quart of BP Sea and land 2-cycle oil at you guessed it, a BP gas station. I got it for $2.50 so it's worth the price to see if it's any good. Have any of you guys used it? I haven't even heard of it before now. I have no idea if it is actually a BP product but who knows.
It's TC-W3 rated and has a known name on it. At $2.50 a quart, that beats my current cheapest oil (Quaker State) at $2.68 a quart. Let us know what you think of it but I bet it don't smell like BeNol.:crybaby:

Check it out here.

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/lubricants/bp_north_america/STAGING/local_assets/downloads/b/BP7116.pdf

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I stopped at one of the 2 local BP stations today to see if they had this oil. Nope. They did have Valvoline 2 stroke for $3.59 a quart.

·
2- Stroke Lawnboy Fan!!!
559 Posts
you guys are spending that much on oil!?!?! At my local sunoco, a quart of oil is $5.99 and fuel stabilizer is $8.99!

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man are you getting overcharged 7260G, what oil is it that costs that much?

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
orange- you still use that valoline oil?-you must try quicksilver twc3-its much better -infact i havnt found a better dino 2 cycle ever. in fact i urge every one to try it. i used it for 15 yrs in my lawn biz with fantastic results and low cost (it used to cost 10$ a GALLON at sams) now its 20$

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I gotta agree with Dan on this, I saw Quicksilver on the shelf at Meyer's all the time but never tried it. One day I heard Dan talking about it and WOW, it is awesome stuff. It hardly smokes and it has worked very well in all my lawnboys, including a worked to the death(not literally) F-engine lawnboy I use over at my sister's house. It usually sells for $4 a pint here but one day I found it for $2 a pint so I bought more. I still want to try this BP oil along with some other oils but Quicksilver has me down as a customer for many years.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
orange- you still use that valoline oil?-you must try quicksilver twc3-its much better -infact i havnt found a better dino 2 cycle ever. in fact i urge every one to try it. i used it for 15 yrs in my lawn biz with fantastic results and low cost (it used to cost 10$ a GALLON at sams) now its 20$
I've never used Valvoline 2 stroke oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts