My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Spring to all gang. I am curious who all here offers sweeping services? I have a 51 broom I picked up last year and would like to get into lawn sweeping/ dethatching (sweeping stones from snow plows etc.). My question is what do you charge for your service with comparable machine to a x585?

Also do you pick up the thatch, stones debris? My hangup with this is I don't have anywhere to go with it. I thought about offering sweeping services where I put everything into a single row or pile for the property owner.

All in all, if I don't get into it I am good with just keeping my property looking good and road swept clean.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Happy Spring to all gang. I am curious who all here offers sweeping services? I have a 51 broom I picked up last year and would like to get into lawn sweeping/ dethatching (sweeping stones from snow plows etc.). My question is what do you charge for your service with comparable machine to a x585?

Also do you pick up the thatch, stones debris? My hangup with this is I don't have anywhere to go with it. I thought about offering sweeping services where I put everything into a single row or pile for the property owner.

All in all, if I don't get into it I am good with just keeping my property looking good and road swept clean.
I have a 51 broom with new nylon bristles and it is garbage on lawns. Will destroy the lawn in no time.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 51 broom with new nylon bristles and it is garbage on lawns. Will destroy the lawn in no time.
I have used mine on my lawn before with no issues. Obviously I am not looking to do my lawn weekly. Just potential customers who need sweeping services.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone?

·
Shacker
761 Posts
I see on Facebook in my area, someone is offering sweeping services for $60/hr. The broom is mounted on an X4?? or X7?? series tractor. Doesn't say if he will clean everything up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Commercial is all about understanding costs and limiting liability. I mow, till, and blow snow. You need to understand your costs and your market. I would expect sweeping to be a very limited seasonal event, much like tilling.

Without getting into a ton of detail I feel 60-70/hr is a good rate for a garden tractor.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses guys. I figured this would be very seasonal. Typically it is just spring time thatching, and removing stones from the plows. I will take your info. and do some figuring for my area. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts