My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Husqvarna RZ5424 ZTR from Sears and noticed that the Sears equalivent model was slightly different e.g. cast iron front axle and 52" instead of 54" deck. I thought that AYP was owned by Husqvarna which made Sears tractors and they were more or less the same models.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
16,350 Posts
The Red and Black model's with the 42,50 and 52inch decks Are made by Simplicity. I belive the Craftsman Proffesional ZTR's are made by AYP(Husqvarna). Just so you know not every thing Under the Craftsman Lable in Outdoor Power equipment is made By AYP(Husqvarna). For example MTD make some of there snowblower's. In the past Ariens made there ZTR's. John Deere in the early 1990's made a LT for them that was based on the Deere STX but in Craftsman Polo Green. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The Red and Black model's with the 42,50 and 52inch decks Are made by Simplicity. I belive the Craftsman Proffesional ZTR's are made by AYP(Husqvarna). Just so you know not every thing Under the Craftsman Lable in Outdoor Power equipment is made By AYP(Husqvarna). For example MTD make some of there snowblower's. In the past Ariens made there ZTR's. John Deere in the early 1990's made a LT for them that was based on the Deere STX but in Craftsman Polo Green. :thThumbsU
It is a neverending battle keeping up with which line is manufacturing what rebadged products for whom.

I can recall, as a young car audio buff, trying to keep up with things like "who is manufacturing car stereos for Radio Shack?" I believe in one five year period the answer to that question went from Pioneer to Alpine to some relative upstart. BTW, the Alpine-made ones were great!

·
Super Moderator
16,350 Posts

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
Simplicity makes the AXION based model for sale at sears...that's it. The rest is AYP stuff. I think there is one Sears Z made by bobcat?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts