My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a couple of lawn tools from guy moving south and he ask me if I could use a snow blower. I couldn't resist it since he gave it to me. Needs some paint touch up, starts right up on second to third pull, he had the carb rebuilt last year. It has a Briggs 3 hp, single stage and is self propelled and everything works great. It is a Wards brand. Can anyone tell me he made these for Wards and what this might be worth. I am going to touch up the paint. Not sure yet if I want to keep it or sell it.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,446 Posts
Yes,Simplicity or Gilson maybe..that's the first VERTICAL shaft engine powered snowblower I have seen yet!..and I've seen a million snowblowers!..:eek:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I though it may have been made by Simplicity as well. Never though about Gilson. Tractor-Holic you may have a point. The model # is a GIL 35235A
Serial # 8249F1 406. I hadn't seen a vertical shaft either.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ok, I will bite. What year. It looks alot like one a neighbor had in the late 60's early 70's. I used it once just to see how it worked. I have seen vertical shaft snow blowers before. I am supprised that everyone says they are rare.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was made by Gilson circa late 1960's. Single stage,3.5hp Briggs verticle shaft, Single forward speed self propelled no reverse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts