My Tractor Forum banner

Who has trail cams up on their property? Let's see your pictures!

25K views 575 replies 38 participants last post by  Renster of N.H. 
#1 ·
I bought four trail cams a few weeks ago, and just got around to putting them up today. I'm not sure how well I placed them though, so they may or may not be very successful. I think I'm going to have to order four more though to get enough coverage of our property. I only saw one obvious deer/game trail, which I did hang a camera on it, but the rest are just kind of hodgepodge all over. I still need to bush hog through the wooded parts, which is where the cameras SHOULD be hung, but I didn't want to walk through there and have to pull all of the ticks off of me when I was done today. Also, it's incredibly windy today, and I've already heard several limbs or trees get blown down, and didn't want to be traipsing through there and have something come down on me. So, I'll work on the wooded part later.

In any event, I've seen a few trail cam pics on the scrounging firewood thread, but I figure there are probably quite a few of us on here that have game cams up, and I just thought that his might be a good place for everybody to post their pictures. Anything that anybody has found interesting or cool. Let's see them guys, post your pictures and videos! I just hung mine today, so I have nothing to share yet. But I will in the next few days.

#525 ·
That's the way it is with most birds. The males have to attract the females. Seems backwards.

Reactions: Just Jeff
#526 ·
This is me & my son on neighbors trail cam, we went for a walk on Thanksgiving after we were stuffed
Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood People in nature

#530 ·
Renster's trail cam caught this fella crossing the woods road and headed up toward our back yard Wednesday morning.
No ... that's not a German Shepard.
It's a ... rather large coyote, even by our northeast standards.
Mrs. Renster's (who is quite accustomed to living among N.H critters) only comment upon viewing the card was "Jeezum ... You better get that (Not MTF appropriate terminology) !!! "

I'll humbly ask Mark if he'll post the vid for me but, in the mean-time, here's a pic.

Flash photography Plant Midnight Fog Tree

Yep.
THAT fella has gotta go 💀☠✖

#532 ·
I was expecting to see a video of @Renster of N.H. "getting that (Not MTF appropriate terminology) !!! "

Mike

#533 · (Edited)
I'm workin' on it @mikeinri .
I've been busy with work stuff, and with storm clean-up stuff. ❄💨⛄
However, I did walk down the trail after work this afternoon after sunset to check tracks and the cams.
He's still lurking about. :mad:

I'm going to attempt to arrange a meeting with him ... aaand his cabinet.
Perhaps this weekend; as the weather looks to be cold but clear, the grands are not coming over, and Mrs. Renster has no particular plans involving my participation.

Perhaps we'll see just how bold this big dog really is, at the end of one of our Coyote Crumplers;)

Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Musical instrument Wood Musical instrument accessory Tableware Knife

Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

• Wow
Reactions: Jere39 and mikeinri
#534 ·
Perhaps this weekend; as the weather looks to be cold but clear, the grands are not coming over, and Mrs. Renster has no particular plans involving my participation.
Well that's no fun, how's a guy supposed to stay warm, LOL...

Mike

• Haha
Reactions: Renster of N.H.
#535 ·
This is very tangentially related to my game camera. After 700+ days without a tracking snow, we now have about 10" of fluffy white stuff on the ground. Temps haven't climbed above freezing since I've been home from Aruba. This morning it was 13°, still, and sunny. Scout and I walked out to inspect the tracks and verify wild life surrounding us. Found more fox tracks than anything, but a couple deer, some squirrel, and a coyote tracked through. Scout usually noses every fox track, but seemed more interested in the coyote tracks this morning. I haven't pulled pictures on my game camera yet this year (I usually pull them monthly). But I did brush the snow off the sensor screen and the camera lens. And, just because this faithful pup is so photogenic, I snapped this picture in our private domain this morning:

Snow Dog Dog breed Carnivore Tree

BTW Mr @Renster of N.H. - still another week of archery white tail season - but I'm not keen on sitting in this cold. However, I still have a pair of doe tags, and a bottomless pit of coyote tags. So, just in case, the crossbow is still sitting in hot standbye.

#537 ·
Yikes! Something straight out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie!!!

...or Jim Carrey?

Bird Macaw Parrot Beak Couch

Mike

• Haha
Reactions: Renster of N.H.
#538 ·
Oh my goodness Jere; what a pic of Scout!
Of the countless pics that we're sure you have amassed - That one, in Mr. and Mrs. Renster's humble opinions ... is Legacy Worthy of a beloved hunting spaniel 🙏

Mark;
I put our feeders out about 2-1/2 weeks or so ago, at great risk of a weather confused bear wandering about.
Now that we finally have a durable snow cover - the birds have been hitting them hard as expected, and hopefully the cold and snow has the bear retreated back to den.
Did you put some sort of birdie cocaine in that there feeder of yours ?! o_O :LOL:

Mike;
Perhaps you are on to something regarding creepy Long Island aviary ... :unsure:;):ROFLMAO:

Renster

#545 ·
@MARK (LI) I have, but I reaggravated a chronic wrist injury this morning, so I'll be out of the game for a while. I have however just sold my last split seasoned for use this heating season. It hasn't all been picked up yet, and very sadly, my best customer for the last couple years is in hospital with kidney failure and sepsis. I visited last week, he didn't recognize me, nor know where he was.

#546 ·
Oh no, sorry to hear that, @Jere39 (times two).

Mike

#548 ·
Still no video evidence of the coyote here. But the prints in the snow, some rabbit depredation and now this scat make me confident in my identification:

Chime in @Renster of N.H. with your thoughts

Definitely a predator Jere, though I can't say what it may have eaten.
Too course for a mouse or rabbit, too grey for a deer.
Squirrel maybe?
I'd almost guess owl pellets but, if it is; that was one topped-off owl ;)

Renster

Reactions: Just Jeff
#549 · (Edited)
So,
This isn't trail cam footage but it is phone cam footage.
I've been trying to ghost that ... big ... (Non-MTF appropriate moniker) coyote that we caught on our trail cam back in January and that Mark kindly posted a vid of in post #531.
Still haven't caught him on cam again and, no tracks in past two weeks; until today.
Got home from work, washed up and put my "home duds" on.
Kissed Mrs. Renster, pulled on my boots, grabbed up a coat, hat and a shotgun and headed down the trail in the snow to the cams.
Nothing but turkeys on them, so headed down the woods road and down over the hill.
Didn't get very far before I ran into fresh coyote tracks in the melty snow.
Very fresh.
"Man - were they just here?"
I stood like a monolith, peering around for what seemed like forever and, sure enough - they ran out of patience (and nerve) before I did and bolted away from where they were standing in plain sight in the hemlocks - and I didn't see them standing right there :rolleyes:
Two of them, one much larger than the other.
"That was The Big One."
GONE!!!
They were standing right there watching me!
Crraaap! :mad:

I thought "jeezum, I've got my phone in my back pocket" so I stooped to snap a couple of pics of their tracks in the snow to show Mrs. Renster.

A "normal" sized coyote foot ...

An "Abnormally Large" coyote foot o_O

I followed them for bit with a glimmer of hope but, knew it was for naught.
Sun was gone and I didn't bring any light so, turned back and trudged home.
Showed Mrs. Renster the pics.
She looked at them and blurted I let Ollie out a little while ago !

No worries. He was safe and sound, sitting on the front porch patiently waiting to come in.
😼

She said - "You gotta get that @%&# !".
Yes dear. I'm workin' on it.

Renster

#550 ·
Not trail cam, but cellphone pictures. Now that I think about it, it should be just about warm enough for me to put the trail cams up again without cold temps killing my expensive lithium batteries. Anyway, the wife has been feeding the deer all Winter, and she was gone today taking care of her elderly parents, so I decided to feed the girls for her. We have eight of them that show up daily around 3:00-3:30 waiting for their supper.

Mammal Deer Tree Fawn Grass

Plant Tree Wood Landscape Leisure

#555 ·
Grapple guy??? THAT'S what's missing in my life, LOL...

Mike