My Tractor Forum banner
261 - 280 of 290 Posts

· Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Ya, I'm going to have to pull my memory cards in the next day or two. It's just not as exciting for me to go through them right now due to knowing that I won't see any bears since they're all hibernating. We also only have four whitetails coming to our feeder this Winter. Last year we had 12-15 every time that we put the corn out. Not sure why that is either.

· Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
Hey @Just Jeff ...maybe they don't like the service at your place ;)
I'm not sure what their reasoning is, but we (especially the wife) misses seeing them twice a day at the feeder. I think I've got a cell phone picture that I took last year (before I had the trail cams) of eight or ten deer around the feeder, with a rabbit sitting directly under the feeder, waiting for the deer to knock some of the corn down, so that he could scrounge that up, and there was even a turkey mixed in with all of the deer and the rabbit. It was pretty neat to see.

· Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,994 Posts
Mark, as long as there is food in there they will keep coming back, and if it's empty they will make a pass now and then to check it.

Reactions: MARK (LI)

· Registered
1,155 Posts
You 'aint kidding Mark!

In the fall I bought two 40 pounder black sunflower seed, three 8 packs of suet, one 8 pound bag of suet balls (butter buds, plus I had quite a bit of those left over from last year), and one 10 pound bag of mixed seed (for the turkeys that visit). This stuff has gotten so ridiculously expensive that I can't justify buying more. This year when it's gone, it's gone so, I've been conservative. For instance, all of the snow that was on the ground a week ago is gone so, there's no need for me to fill the feeders right now - they can forage. When the snow comes back, I'll load 'em up again and keep them such as long as snow covers the ground. Hopefully my supply will last most of the worst part of winter for them.

Renster

Reactions: MARK (LI)

· Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Haven't posted trail-cam content in a while. I was away from home working some snow storms, so I didn't have access to the memory cards to upload. But I finally got home again, and downloaded some stuff. Here you go. The cams caught the wife plowing some snow a few different times while I was gone. She's only been plowing for about a year now, but she looks to have it down pretty well!

Also, can someone identify the yellow and black birds? I have no idea what they are. Beth is pretty knowledgeable about birds, and even has a book to help identify some that she's not familiar with, but she can't figure out what these yellow and black ones are.

Then, there are a few deer and turkey as well.

Sky Cloud Plant Tree Bird

Snow Sky Tree Plant Fawn

Bird Snow Tree Plant Sky

Bird Snow Beak Sky Tree

Snow Sky Tree Plant Slope

Tire Vehicle Wheel Snow Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Snow

· Likes Vintage JDs
13,049 Posts
Haven't posted trail-cam content in a while. I was away from home working some snow storms, so I didn't have access to the memory cards to upload. But I finally got home again, and downloaded some stuff. Here you go. The cams caught the wife plowing some snow a few different times while I was gone. She's only been plowing for about a year now, but she looks to have it down pretty well!

Also, can someone identify the yellow and black birds? I have no idea what they are. Beth is pretty knowledgeable about birds, and even has a book to help identify some that she's not familiar with, but she can't figure out what these yellow and black ones are.

Then, there are a few deer and turkey as well.

View attachment 2578922

View attachment 2578924

View attachment 2578926

View attachment 2578927

View attachment 2578929

View attachment 2578930

View attachment 2578932

I am pretty sure the yellow&black birds are Evening Grosbeaks.

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Mrs. Renster and I have determined that ...

Beth is very good at snowplowing and should come up here and stay with us during winter!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

P.S. - Tell her that she can park her UTV in the garage ;)

· Registered
1,155 Posts
261 - 280 of 290 Posts