My Tractor Forum banner

Who has trail cams up on their property? Let's see your pictures!

9064 Views 289 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Just Jeff
I bought four trail cams a few weeks ago, and just got around to putting them up today. I'm not sure how well I placed them though, so they may or may not be very successful. I think I'm going to have to order four more though to get enough coverage of our property. I only saw one obvious deer/game trail, which I did hang a camera on it, but the rest are just kind of hodgepodge all over. I still need to bush hog through the wooded parts, which is where the cameras SHOULD be hung, but I didn't want to walk through there and have to pull all of the ticks off of me when I was done today. Also, it's incredibly windy today, and I've already heard several limbs or trees get blown down, and didn't want to be traipsing through there and have something come down on me. So, I'll work on the wooded part later.

In any event, I've seen a few trail cam pics on the scrounging firewood thread, but I figure there are probably quite a few of us on here that have game cams up, and I just thought that his might be a good place for everybody to post their pictures. Anything that anybody has found interesting or cool. Let's see them guys, post your pictures and videos! I just hung mine today, so I have nothing to share yet. But I will in the next few days.
241 - 260 of 290 Posts
I plant a few.....but I probably go through about 200 pounds over the winter...that is a lot of sunflowers
I've got to remember to set the correct date and time stamp on these cameras! Just one of a couple of deer, and two of turkeys. That last turkey one with the turkey that has his wings outspread reminds me of a vulture LOL. Those turkeys are standing right outside the edge of the above deck, where the wife has her birdfeeder set. The birds knock birdseed out of the feeder down on the ground, exactly where the turkeys are standing and apparently eating up the dropped birdseed.

Snow Tree Plant Wood Carnivore

Sky Cloud Plant Tree Bird

Sky Tree Cloud Snow Freezing
Well the boys finally decided to show up on the property:

Plant Vertebrate Tree Wood Natural landscape
Bird Plant Ecoregion Vertebrate Beak
Reactions: Just Jeff
A female Downy Woodpecker having an afternoon snack
Mark, any chance you could post a direct link to that youtube video? I want to study more closely the bird that is at your feeder at the beginning of the video. I do not recognize it and would like to try to id it. Thanks.
A female Downy Woodpecker having an afternoon snack
The link is part of the video. Click on "youtube" in the lower right corner, to open the video on youtubes site.
I am pretty sure that it s a Female Downy .....possibly a Hairy ...but it is female
Mark, any chance you could post a direct link to that youtube video? I want to study more closely the bird that is at your feeder at the beginning of the video. I do not recognize it and would like to try to id it. Thanks.
The Downy Woodpecker shows up at 31 seconds into the video. For the first 30 seconds there is a different bird. It behaves like a Nuthatch but I’ve never seen one with that plumage.
I am pretty sure that it s a Female Downy .....possibly a Hairy ...but it is female
Reactions: Renster of N.H.
Possibly a white breasted Nuthatch....
It behaves like a nuthatch, but the coloration on its back is all wrong. We have been studying it here this evening, and are stumped.

If you have a local Audubon Society chapter, I would urge you to show them the video and ask for an id. It could be a color morph, or possibly something “exotic.”
Possibly a white breasted Nuthatch....
I thought I was buying a decent Cam, but the color is not good, so that could be it.....the shingles on my house are not that weathered at all...not really that grey
Reactions: UrbanTractor
Mark,

No need to send an APB to the local Audubon Society, or anyone else.
It's not - "something exotic" ... :rolleyes:

It's a Nuthatch ;)

Also ... Mrs. Renster and I enjoy your pics and vids, and think that your cam is purdy good (y)

Renster
Which variety of nuthatch?

I am having some kind of connectivity problem and haven’t been able to spool @MARK (LI) ‘s latest video. But as I mentioned last night, the bird in question had the general appearance and behaviour of a nuthatch, but the plumage was incorrect.

Mark mentioned earlier that the shading in the video may not reflect true appearance. Is the new video better?
Mark,

No need to send an APB to the local Audubon Society, or anyone else.
It's not - "something exotic" ... :rolleyes:

It's a Nuthatch ;)

Also ... Mrs. Renster and I enjoy your pics and vids, and think that your cam is purdy good (y)

Renster
@UrbanTractor I don't think it is your connectivity problem...whenever I post Youtube videos if you just hit the button to play ...it just spins...click on the "Watch on youtube" button and it will most likely pop right up
Red bellied at the suet feeder. Sorry but picture was taken thru the window with screen on.
Mesh Pet supply Wire fencing Snow Fence
Mr. and Mrs. Downey...they make a nice couple
Reactions: APinNY
Got a decent video of a Male Red Bellied also
Nice vid Mark.
We have those, and Flickers.
Sometimes I confuse the two at a glance ... :)
241 - 260 of 290 Posts