My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to make my Murray more useful. It is a GT and I'd love to have a front trip style loader and a hitch on the rear with a few attacments. Am I dreaming? Or have Murrays been accessorized this much or more in the past?

·
Addicted to seat time!
652 Posts
I would love to make my Murray more useful. It is a GT and I'd love to have a front trip style loader and a hitch on the rear with a few attacments. Am I dreaming? Or have Murrays been accessorized this much or more in the past?
Well, I haven't done it yet.. But within the next year or so, I will be building a front end loader onto my Murray GT.

Theres a guy on YouTube that built a front end loader onto a Murray LT.. After seeing that, I am fully confident that the Murray GT platform is PLENTY strong for whatever I'll throw at it...

But that project is shelved until I have the time and money to tackle it.. :trink39:

·
The Wildebeast
86 Posts
could you post a link to that you tube video? would like to check that out. i still havent gotten around to putting that plow on my gt. seems like i got time and no money or money and no time. its on my "to do" list (that darn thing keeps getting longer everyday).

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A Johnnybucket style "loader" would be wonderful, but I don't see one for my tractor. Maybe I need to look around a bit for a heftier garden tractor. But I really wanted to use the Murray.

·
The Wildebeast
86 Posts
that video is awesome!!! ive been looking for a older murray to make a work horse out of and that would be an awesome addition. oh great.... now i have another thing to add to my "to do" list!!! :sidelaugh

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
i know that this is the murray forum, but man those old sears are cheap and you can work the snot of out them

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I've seen those before, pretty cool. Who would have figured Germans to be good engineers lol? I don't know how much faith I would have in those stamped steel front ends though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i know that this is the murray forum, but man those old sears are cheap and you can work the snot of out them
We had a (I think) Sears SS-16 (has a 16 Onan twin) when I was a kid it was a nice little tractor. What a workhorse. My dad still has it, it is now his dedicated plowing tractor.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
We had a (I think) Sears SS-16 (has a 16 Onan twin) when I was a kid it was a nice little tractor. What a workhorse. My dad still has it, it is now his dedicated plowing tractor.
that same tractor will be my worker once the **** onan runs lol

·
Banned
465 Posts
From what I've seen, just about all of those FEL's are in Europe. What happened to American ingenuity? Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. LOL

Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts