My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did!

About 5" of fluffy stuff here in CT. The SS/16 with loaded ags, double wheel weights, and a 46" dozer handled it no problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QAiTjHbvyc

Ill be putting up pics tomorrow.

Who else got some?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
I got about 3"- plowed with the new SS16 and Miss Emma

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Not me either, just a dusting overnight here and today I pulled axle seals on my '69 Sub 12 and fixed the clutch yesterday, works much better now.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
We are supposed to get rain tomorow :crybaby:

·
Registered
378 Posts
None for me, Boyscout scout camp all day today for Klondike. My friend came over and did mine for me. I gotta get my chain put together and put back on my blower just havent had time:banghead3

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The only seat time I got was in an office chair, playing on the new computer, with HIGH SPEED INTERNET. We had dial up before.
We got less the an inch of snow, some sleet. Which equals a big icy mess.
I did get some good pics of my truck int the snow, they will be in the truck form tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Got all of our snow ,6" of it, yesterday. When it stopped snowing at 4 p.m. I blew the driveway and sidewalks with the Craftsman/Murray.This morning I bladed it all smooth with the YT16 and its Murray blade. Made quick work of it with both machines running top notch this year.:

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
We got a little more than a 1/4" of ice that made it impossible to walk in places, the only seat time I got was the three times I landed on my butt. :fing20:
You need some chains for your shoes. Hahaha.
We got the same, news said .40" of ice.

·
Super Moderator
39,237 Posts
I did!

About 5" of fluffy stuff here in CT. The SS/16 with loaded ags, double wheel weights, and a 46" dozer handled it no problem.

Who else got some?
Hugh, great video! Looks like the SS had no trouble with that!

the only seat time I got was the three times I landed on my butt. :fing20:
:ROF

Made quick work of it with both machines running top notch this year.:
Did you have a 2nd operator for the other machine or just switched rides when appropriate?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I will be going out shortly for a little seat time :) we got about 6 inches.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
I used my SS-12 Friday,after we got 5" here on thursday night in just a few hours....got caught with my pants down,my truck didn't have the plow on it,it was still chained to a pole where I left it last april!..I had to get it inspected thursday,(was lucky it passed inspection too)---and when I got home after dark I didn't feel like fumbling around in the dark with the plow,and I made the mistake of parking it facing the garage,and also leaving my car in the garage behind my SS-12--so when I awoke Friday to see 5" of snow,I was kinda ticked off!...now I had too battle the frozen padlock for a half hour to get the plow unchained and get it pinned on the pickup,and drive the truck and car all over the snow,which packs it down into nice thick ice that wont scrape up or melt for a month...:mad:

I spent about an hour plowing my driveway with the truck,then did the walks and paths to the backyard with the SS-12,also did some touch ups with it near the mailbox,where I get too nervous with my truck,fearing I'll what them with the blade,or take the mirrors off it....

I got done shoveling the steps & deck off about 2:30 Friday--my back was aching badly,and I knew I'd have to repeat all this Saturday,I was not happy about that...--and as soon as I went to put my lunch in my mouth,the phone rings--its a friend 5 miles away who runs a repair garage,wants me to plow his lot out.....I did it,but I hate doing that place--always a bunch of cars plopped all over the place,some with dead engines ,that have to be pushed aside,and its right on the edge of a busy road ,it sucks plowing near the road with cars whizzing by at 55 mph.....

I had to plow his lot again yesterday,we got at least 6 more inches here at my house--his place got a bit more..many places nearby got a good 10-12" ,that were a bit closer to the coast!..they had not predicted that...when I left at 3 pm to go plow that lot,the roads were horrible,worst I'd seen in a long time...the cold temps made the salt innefective,and the snow was packed solid into ice,with slush on top...I could go maybe 20 mph,before my truck would slide sideways!..:eek:...on my way home at 6 pm though,the roads were bare tar on the highways,but the side streets are still a mess..

I was mad about it snowing,because I had hoped to see a favorite artist of mine perform last night,but there was NO way I was going anywhere near Boston in those condituions,it sucks bad enough going there on a nice day...I did make 100 bucks though,which I desparately need to keep my vehicles on the road....(Had to spend 20 bucks for diesel fuel though,and I'll need some ATF,brake fluid and motor oil too,so its never all "profit")...

It always comes at a cost--last night when I went to drive home,my headlights would not work,they were flashing on & off during the plowing--and they worked fine during the inspection the other day!...I blamed the dimmer switch,I had replaced it and the plug with the 3 wires on it just last winter,but I think it either crapped out or the wires got gangerene again on it...cheap china junk!!..I hate it when "new" parts suck worse than the worn out old ones...
I was too cold and beat to fool with it at his shop,and he wanted to go home for supper---so I just drove it home 5 miles with only my plow beacon going and my parking lights on!...glad no fuzz were watching!..:eek:...now I have the joy of fixing THAT today....and see what else I managed to bust up on it ..

My SS-12 performed well,I even dragged half of a 275 gallon oil tank full of wood to burn out to the backyard,it struggled a bit to get it moving because I tried moving it before the ground froze the other day and it plowed up some sod--once it came free though,it dragged pretty easily on the snow,like a 300 pound steel toboggan!..getting a burn permit soon,so I can burn it a lot of fallen branches and other junk --the ol SS-12 will be getting another workout in a few hours today--I only did a quick few passes with my truck here before leving to do my friends shop--still got to shovel the steps ,plow the walks and do some touch ups....then by tuesday it'll be all melted,its supposed to hit 50 here and rain then!....weird weather here for sure...zero one day and 50 the next..

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Mid-60's here, so some seat time on the Cub 882 pulling the lawn sweeper around and dumping at the burn pile. Today however is going to be wrench time on the Suburban 12.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
all we got was a lot of rain,:crybaby: I can only wish we get some snow:praying:

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
I did! Plowed the door yard with the 46'' blade, And cleared some paths for the dog. As you can see the old Roper has no trouble clearing a 10'' path with the single stage. I was even crazy enough to snap some pics of her blowing snow in action by her self!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts