My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who besides me got caught without their new snow blower in this storm. I'm scheduled to have my winter set up delivered and installed on the 14th so I did not have it for this storm :crybaby:, :thSick:. Even worse, I had sold my Ariens walk behind snow blower the day before the X234 was delivered :banghead3:fing20:. I had to clear 7 inches of wet concrete with my little electric Toro power shovel :Disgus:. Ok you can laugh but I can't be the only one.
Todd

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
You do know whats going to happen now right...... When you get yours on the 14th. it is just going to sit in your garage for the rest of the season now....... Might as well call them up now and cancel your order............LOL..... just kiddin....... Hope it all works out for you.........Gary

·
Premium Member
9,779 Posts
I did not have a good answer when my wife asked me how I could have ten tractors and not one was ready with a snow blower.:banghead3

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,430 Posts
I did not have a good answer when my wife asked me how I could have ten tractors and not one was ready with a snow blower.:banghead3
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

I was caught without my blower being ready... Of course I don't own one, but I also didn't get any snow!

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,094 Posts
I got caught without my plow, but that is the least of my worries. I've been chainsawing since Saturday evening, with no end in sight.

Here is my driveway as I got home Saturday afternoon:

Sadly, I still have no electric, and my energy distribution company is not very good at estimating.

Sorry to join the discussion late, but I only now took a break to get out the driveway and find a hotspot. BTW, by the time I had the driveway trees cleared yesterday, the snow had melted, so I guess I didn't really need the plow yet after all.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
shame to see all those wasted trees, if we can get by another week.5 here without snow, all the leaves will be on the ground!

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
We have a cork-screw willow that got completely torn apart. I too got caught without my snow blower. Mine is sitting in a guys field 30 miles away!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got my blower, just not ready for the season luckily the snow did not stick to sidewalk!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Jere.. that's a crying shame! Your driveway looks like most of NH and Mass. The whole beauty of your long driveway is that it is tree lined.
To answer the thread subject who didn't ????? Nobody has the blower on for Halloween.
Less than 10 minutes mower off.... less than 10 minutes more blower on.
I just have to take it back off for waxing of the tractor and blower, and put on the Enclosure and chains another 20 minutes. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
869 Posts
The snowblower is at the property, in the shed . . . with the carb sitting on the bench.

DOH!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You do know whats going to happen now right...... When you get yours on the 14th. it is just going to sit in your garage for the rest of the season now....... Might as well call them up now and cancel your order............LOL..... just kiddin....... Hope it all works out for you.........Gary
Thanks Gary,
Nothing would make me happier than to have it and not need it. Unfortunately I got the reverse of that :banghead3
Todd

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch, that had to hurt. That at least ten times worse than my situation. My wife's response was " you should have had them install it when you bought it". Of course then it wouldn't have snowed, sometimes you just can't win.
Todd

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got caught without my plow, but that is the least of my worries. I've been chainsawing since Saturday evening, with no end in sight.

Here is my driveway as I got home Saturday afternoon:

Sadly, I still have no electric, and my energy distribution company is not very good at estimating.

Sorry to join the discussion late, but I only now took a break to get out the driveway and find a hotspot. BTW, by the time I had the driveway trees cleared yesterday, the snow had melted, so I guess I didn't really need the plow yet after all.
Hi Jere39,
That looks very similar to what I woke up to Sunday morning in my backyard. After I had spent several hours getting the little Toro (still can't believe it did it) to clear the front walkway and enough driveway area to get the cars out I had a few pine trees to move. Took some pretty good damage to my new fence that I will have to fix this weekend. And we still have the snow in the driveway area that i did not clear. Sorry to hear about your power. After hurricane Irene hit us we had no power for almost 4 days so now there is a nice 15kw Generac in the garage. Our power company was no help during our outage either.
Todd

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:thanku: everyone for the replies. looks like a lot of us were sadly caught. but then again I can't remember the last time we had snow in October.
Todd

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh I don't believe it I do not even get snow, but as you can see I was ready.:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,779 Posts
:thanku: everyone for the replies. looks like a lot of us were sadly caught. but then again I can't remember the last time we had snow in October.
Todd
It's worth noting that there has NEVER been this much snow in October in the Northeast. Could be 60* by Monday. I'd live to see bare ground again for a while to finish up leaf duties.

·
It's not easy being green
348 Posts
Todd
I think it was in 2005 but wasn't a memorable snowfall.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't feel so bad now. I have my snowblower. No snow yet but the tractor doesn't run right. Carb problems too, it runs but will only run with the choke open. I need to get my 300 ready.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts