My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out with the wife a while back just doing a little riding around on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. While passing by an old dairy farm, we spotted a doe with two fawns feeding in the field. I jerked out the camera and snapped a few pics of the little ones.

I just thought that I would share them with all of you.

Enjoy!

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
dj2cohen

Thanks for the pics. The cycle of life is fun to watch. :fing32:

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Enjoyed the pics. Thanks for sharing.

·
22,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, here goes.

I live on the crest of a hill overlooking about four acres of bottom land that I own. The deer travel through by my house all the time, just mainly after dark though.

A few weeks ago, I notice a little motion in the bottom, and low and behold, there she was with a little one. I grabbed the camera and here we are.

The pic quality is not as good as the last batch simply because these were taken with full optical and digital zoom. The deer were about 200 yards away. I am still thrilled with the performance of the camera though.

BTW, it is a Canon Powershot 2100IS.

Again, sorry for the pic quality on this batch. :sorry1:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
from behind my plant,last fall, East st. louis ,Illinois

I know that one, not very far from where I work near the river correct. Looks like a river buck to me. I have pics but cannot use a web host.

·
22,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very impressive animal. Love pics of big bucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know that one, not very far from where I work near the river correct. Looks like a river buck to me. I have pics but cannot use a web host.

Thats a Frank Holton state park buck, i'm about a 1/4 mile behind the flying J backed up to the state park, just off 15 and 157. There are about 3 different monsters over here, since there is no hunting in this area, they have no choice but to grow like weeds...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That would explain. I work right on the corner of Rt3 and 143. I have counted as many as 98 deer at one time. in this general area. We have a PTZ camera mounted 72 feet in the air but most of them were in plain site.

·
22,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have heard of the albinos locally, but I have never seen one.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have seen a calico deer, but not fulll albino.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts