My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which would you buy-8N or Jubilee?

Hey folks I have a local choice to make for my 8ac flatland clear no trees but a little rough mowing.
8N with a fresh carb rebuild and a cleaned out hyd. pump,-conv. 12v with brush hog
Jubilee seems to run good 12v conversion new coil. Has a little leak on front seals of Hyd. pump. brush hog

8N 2100.00
Jubilee 1700.00

Which would you chose?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In checking out the Jubilee I see where it was a different dog? Made for just one year with overhead valves. How hard is it to find parts for?

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Parts are almost as abundant as those for the N tractors, have now worries about getting a Jub (53 model) or NAA (54 model). You will need to check the serial number to know which it is or check the hood badge which won't be 100% accurate.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A BIG THANKS Ya'll. Next weekend I will go do some shredding with both and just see how good they really run.:congrats:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would go with the Jub. It is nice to have the hyd especially with the piston pump. I just got done fixing a 47 2n, which btw got me hooked on these little Ford tractors. I am currently knee deep in a 53jub rebuild, this poor thing was a complete basket case, everything was wore out bad. so far we did a complete overhaul of the engine, complete steering rebuild, and am slowly working my way back. But it has the 3 range splitter trans which is cool. I have one more Jub than I have time to work on. If anyone is interested pm me, because this is not the thread to sell stuff.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
WSW,

Beautifully done!

Was very nice of you to take your Jub. out for icecream, most owners don't do that! ;)

Thanks for the pics!!:trink40:

I have one more Jub than I have time to work on. If anyone is interested pm me, because this is not the thread to sell stuff.
Would love a Jubilee but got several basket case projects waiting on me at home as it is! Buddy of mine is suppose to pic up an '82 Goldwing 1100 this week for me. Engine is probably a boat anchor but all other parts look great from pics. Been wanting to build a naked GW bobber for years!

Great thread!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I missed the Jub. someone beat me by 4 hrs. after I had been there(2hr drive) twice trying to talk. Seller was always gone! So we found a Gent with a 8N and a Jub. we are going to look at today with funds in Hand:fing32: Now if I get there and one of them is a 9N-should I consider at it?

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
If the Jubilee is in decent shape and runs good, I would take it over any of the N's. jmo:fing32:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I got the Jubilee:fing32: Seems to be in good shape -mowed with it yesterday. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
If there's no pics, then it didn't happen....just sayin'!! :kens:

Glad you got her and enjoy the new to you Jubilee! :fing32:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bought it from a 89 year old guy that likes to re-do them. Fresh overhaul, good tires, new gauges, good hydraulics, new brakes, and fresh paint. I am trying to post a pic but keep getting the message "

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Are your pics on a site like Photobucket, if so post the link to the pic u want and I'll try to post it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts