My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Am trying to find out which snowblower fits this or if anyone has one for sale
or any information would also help i know this is the lazy way out but i have looked for months and i have found nothing. i found the same tractor with a blower but i couldn't get it, 8hrs away in sandusky ohio, so i know they exist
the tractor is a sears gt/14 varidrive model 917.257030 so if you want to send any snow blower manuals to my email: [email protected] so can i try to get this thing to figured out heres a pic of the mount for the dozer blade and i am guessing they would share the same mount. and i think this tractor is the dame as a 14/6 and 16/6

guys i really aprreciate it and i will really appreciate it if someone has the one i need and wants to sell it to me

l:fing32:

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have the same machine, came with a snow blower. It isn't for sale, but I'll get what part numbers I can find on it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
yes yes yes yes yes please do and if you could please take as many pictures as you can and post them here or send them to my email: [email protected]

w00000000t

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
yes yes yes yes yes please do and if you could please take as many pictures as you can and post them here or send them to my email: [email protected]

w00000000t
or post them here. :wwp:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Looked everywhere on the blower, couldn't find a number anywhere. But snapped a few pics, hope they help.

If you want need any other angles or anything, let me know.

I'm in the process of mounting an electric winch to raise and lower the blower, it didn't come with a lift lever, the guy I bought it from had lost it. I'll post some pics or maybe a vid when I get it done in case you want to do something similar. The 2000lb winch was only 40 bucks from harbor freight so I figured why not go power on the lift.

Edit: The handle you see laying across the body of the blower is the directional crank that connects to the mount on the left hand side of the tractor, the rod on the right of the blower, hanging down on the ground connects to the attachment pedal.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I looked again at your tractor pic and noticed you don't have the mount for the directional crank, you can see the mount on my tractor in the pic, it isn't anything fancy, I'm sure you could make one out of some flat stock.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seems like you have the same blower as gt80, for like a gt18 and it has been modifided. maybe they offered an attachment kit or something. well i am saving the pictures and hopefully i can find one like yours

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
seems like you have the same blower as gt80, for like a gt18 and it has been modifided. maybe they offered an attachment kit or something. well i am saving the pictures and hopefully i can find one like yours
the blower looks similar but mounts different- mine is part number 842.260052- mine has a plate with two pins that mount on the bottom holes in the axle on the suburbans and ss/gt's then it has a mule drive that bolts in and has the belt with a tensioner on it. Did i send you the manual for it>? if you look in the sears forum, i have a thread for free manuals- you can get it from there.
I just went and looked at the one in this thread again, looks very different.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i think i am going to find an older suburban blower and modify it to fit. they have thier own clutch so that eliminates trying to firgure out how to use the clutch on the tractor. 1 problem solved, next would be getting it to mount i probably would just use the pin i have from the dozer blade for the top and have to make pines for the bottom,so................. anyone wanna sell me an older suburban blower?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Had the camera out to get some pics of the blower today, here's some different angles of the blower mounted.

Turnbuckle is temp for moving around. Blower didn't come with the lift arm so I'm mounting an electric winch to the frame of the blower then attaching the cable to where the top of the turnbuckle is attached.

Here's a pick of the belt attachment, goes to the outer most groove on the engine pulley through the slot in the grill(a previous owner must have had clearance trouble, the slot in the grill was brutally enlarged). Rod to engage blower attaches to your attachment pedal, which I noticed on yours does not have the adapter. It's just a block that mounts to the pedal with a hole for the rod.

This shows the directional rod connected to the bracket I mentioned in my above reply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts