My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a Pioneer DEH 610BT cd player and the preout max output level is 4v. My deck that I took out was/had to be about 2; a JVC that was old as heck and didnt even play mp3's or anything but played cd r's. On the Hi's amplifier, Boss GT 380 or 580 it has a selector for Input signal level and the first setting is 2-8v and the other is 100m-2v. With leaving the amps gain level exactly as it was with my last setup, I noticed that the 100m-2v plays a higher volume. I am thinking though that the 2-8v setting would allow me to turn the gain up and have much much lower distortion. Am I correct? Also want to point out the amp is only turned up maybe a 1/4 of the way as was with last setup.

Also only had the deck's volume on about 20 to initially check the system and about to make adjustments.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. It really made alot of sense. I just left it on the 2v-8v setting and I must say that I am trully satisfied with what I heard today out of my system. I havent drove it yet though but I did crank it up , because its a mustang with a loud exhaust system lol . I wanted to make certain I had it set to where I would be able to hear it well with car running ofcourse.

The only thing now is to get used to all of the settings of the Pioneer DEH 610BT. I am trying to figure out how to set certain things, mainly how to get the thing to play randomly. I recorded an mp3 cd which has about 130 songs and playing around with it today, I saw where random was set to on after making adjustments, yet it wouldnt play randomly. So if anyone has any clues or tidbits feel free to chime in.

·
6,553 Posts
The other thing you can do to your Mustang is to fully blanket the interior panels with a sound deadening material lilke Dynamat or Fatmat. What these do is lower the noise ceiling which in turn will make the stereo work better, yes it also adds weight so if you are looking to eek out that last little bit of performance from the car then you may skip it.

Not sure on the random issue, you'd think if you set it to random that it would play random. Though, I'd imagine all the tracks would have to have ID3 tags with song name/artist/album to be able to randomize. Do they have ID3 tags?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The other thing you can do to your Mustang is to fully blanket the interior panels with a sound deadening material lilke Dynamat or Fatmat. What these do is lower the noise ceiling which in turn will make the stereo work better, yes it also adds weight so if you are looking to eek out that last little bit of performance from the car then you may skip it.

Not sure on the random issue, you'd think if you set it to random that it would play random. Though, I'd imagine all the tracks would have to have ID3 tags with song name/artist/album to be able to randomize. Do they have ID3 tags?
not sure i quite understand what you mean by ID3 tags

·
6,553 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got it to work. For some reason, with every other cd player i have had, when you hit the next button after putting on random, it will automatically skip randomly to the next song. With this Pioneer premier, it will take you directly to next song. You actually have to fast forward to a few seconds before the end of song then let it go randomly on its on at end of song.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts