My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a wheel horse c-81 which lug tire do you like the best and what sizes should i get the 8.50 or 10.50 going to be used for plowing snow mowing and plowing garden with a 10in brinly plow

has anyone tried Carlisle Tru Power's

·
Super Moderator
32,819 Posts
I have Carlisle Super lug on mine and like them alot. Unfortunately they've been discontinued and are now very hard to find! I've never had the Tru Powers but some others on here say they are excellent tires!

·
Silent, Senior MTF Member
871 Posts
I like the Firestone 23degree Ags the best. *When* you can get them. It's my understanding, that when there is sufficient demand, Firestone will crank some out. Maybe someone here will have better info.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i'd go with the narrower tire, loaded. what ever tread you choose. ground pressure is what you need when plowing snow. and the narrow tire wont hurt you a bit when plowing the garden, unless its a swamp

·
Registered
695 Posts
I haven't had my Tru-powers on long but so far they seem to be great. A huge improvement over the old turfs. I got them from Miller tire.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm running the true powers on my rig and traction is un real !! I have the 23 8.50 12's because I too pull a bottom plow and push snow, I have tubes in mine, so if the time comes where I feel more weight is in order I can have them filled with no worries the rims might get eaten up.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I have Tru Powers both on my 2210 and 332. I like them, and unlike some of the other tires (Deestone), they are a true match to the tire size (Deestone's I got were over 1 inch smaller). Plenty of threads on here on the different tire types. I'd also check tires unlimited on price as they include free shipping on the tires.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
I'm running the true powers on my rig and traction is un real !! I have the 23 8.50 12's because I too pull a bottom plow and push snow, I have tubes in mine, so if the time comes where I feel more weight is in order I can have them filled with no worries the rims might get eaten up.
do you still have a set of tall narrow Ags? I thought you said you had a set of like 6.00 12's or something... I may still be interested if you do. oh wait... It may have been tractorholic...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
For you guys that have the Tru-Power's. How are they on the lawn making tight turns? Do they tear up the lawn very much? I really wanted the Super Lug's because they don't seem to have such sharp tread on the corners of the tires. Since they're no longer available, I'm trying to decide what to get instead. I need 23x10.50-12's.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I love them , no issues at all on the lawn, fact the traction is extremely good so slippage isn't an issue at all. As for the corners, they look a lot worse in pictures, they are rounded on the edges nicely and thus cause no issues.
GT80, the 6.00x 12's were new, and would not fit my wide rims so I didn't get them..Pete's tire barn has what ever your looking for ;)

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I use an ATV tire called the Exicutioner

·
Registered
695 Posts
No problems with the Tru-Powers on the lawn. This is the second tractor I've put ag lugs on and they do less damage than the turfs because they don't spin. Turfs slip and spin tearing up the yard. Ag's don't spin so they don't tear up anything.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I agree, haven't has any issues with the Ags tearing up the lawn....

·
-
1,829 Posts
I agree, haven't has any issues with the Ags tearing up the lawn....
I have with my Tru Powers - but I hooked the tractor up to a small bush to pull it out, not the tires' fault. :) :drunkie:

Regular mowing and running around the yard hasn't made any marks.

·
Silent, Senior MTF Member
871 Posts
Juggler that's one sharp looking tractor! Here are a couple of pics of my Tru powers on my 1872. 26x12x12

Those look good on yer rig! I believe I have a set of them on the shelf. I plan on mounting 'em on a puller I'm piecing together. :eck34:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts