My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
JOHNNY LAW
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many models and options. I need a little insight into which models fit my needs. I used to own a 2001 GX335 that was used to mow about two acres. Perfect machine for my needs but I sold it with the house when I moved. My new yard is maybe 1 1/2 acres but in the fall all the trees dump huge amounts of leaves in my yard. I need a lawn tractor capable of bagging all these leaves. Probably something with power flow. I would prefer a 48 inch deck, I assume a 42 inch deck would make leaf pickup harder. I have no intention of putting a blade or snow thrower on this tractor. I have also been spoiled with having the hydraulic deck lift so I would like that option on my next machine. Any recommendations? I have been looking at the X300 series (which model?) in the 2007ish year range. Looks like there are many to choose from. I'd like to keep price under $2500 for a used machine. So any suggestions what I need? Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
39,344 Posts
In fact you can get a nice 318 with a blade and/or snowblower and you'd be set. If you want new look at the X310 although I think it's a bit more than that!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
It sounds like you really liked your `01 GX335. I`ll bet if you start watching CL come spring you could find another one very similiar in the desired price range.

It may be difficult to find something used w/hydraulic lift around 5 yrs old in your target price range. The only X3xx model with hydraulic lift would be the X360. There`s not that many around as the price for a new X360 new was very close to an X500. Most buyers opted for the X500. The X310 has hydraulic lift and power steering, but this is the first year of that model. You`d have to add another $1k to your budget.

Good luck.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
How about looking for another GX335 or similar? No need to reinvent the wheel, if that machine did the job, get another.

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
Well since You want Hydraulic Lift There are two X300 Models with Hydraulic Lift
X310 Has a 42inch deck, Hydraulic Lift & Power steering
X360 Has a 48inch deck, Hydraulic Lift & Power steering can use a Power flow Bagger
Now Just Because the X310 Comes with a 42inch deck Doesn't Mean You have to go with a 42inch deck You could Go with a 48inch deck. Now You Might find a Used X360 In Your Price Range of $2,500. You could Probably find a Used GX300 series In Your Price Range As well I would Not suggest a older 318 as other Have suggested Because You won't Like the ergonomics If You had a GX300 series Before and the Last 318 was Produced 20 Years ago The Last GX300 was produced in 2006 and the 2004 thru 2006 GX300 series Had one extra thing That Your‘s didn’t Have Diff/lock. Don’t get me wrong the 318 is a fine Garden tractor But for what You want to do a GX300 series would Be Better suited for Your Need’s If You want to go with a Garden tractor again for Just Mowing the Lawn:thThumbsU

·
JOHNNY LAW
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I could live without the hydraulic lift. Maybe a X300 or X320 with 48 inch deck. I have seen several for 1800-2500 range. If i'm not going to attach a plow or snow blower do I really need the hydraulic lift? Probably not.

·
Super Moderator
17,722 Posts
I guess I could live without the hydraulic lift. Maybe a X300 or X320 with 48 inch deck. I have seen several for 1800-2500 range. If i'm not going to attach a plow or snow blower do I really need the hydraulic lift? Probably not.
But If You ever wanted to connect a Plow or Blower to a X320 You can Get a Electric Lift Kit for It. But for You true Indented Purpose of Just Mowing the X320 should Be Just Fine:thThumbsU

1 - 11 of 11 Posts