My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really surprised that the manual for my Husky GT48LSXi doesn't give any specs on grease. I have a grease gun with high temp red wheel bearing grease in it. Do you suppose that will work as well as anything?

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
What are the grease fittings on? Blade spindles or kingpins in the front axle?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Joe I'm sure the manufacturer has specific grease for different applications but to quote a wise old school mechanic..."**** boy, any grease at all is better than none at all". I can tell you that at the dealership I've worked at for 15 years none of the techs have multiple grease guns. They all use a universal lube that is hi-temp/hi-speed lithium/moly blend. Nothing special!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe I'm sure the manufacturer has specific grease for different applications but to quote a wise old school mechanic..."**** boy, any grease at all is better than none at all". I can tell you that at the dealership I've worked at for 15 years none of the techs have multiple grease guns. They all use a universal lube that is hi-temp/hi-speed lithium/moly blend. Nothing special!
Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking! Any good quality grease should do it.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
If you're using the grease in the deck spindles you want a good hi temp grease. Blade spindles generate a lot of heat.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I keep my gun loaded with Mystik JT6 high temp red grease. I use it for everything from my Mother-in-law's John Deere x475 deck and chassis, to the suspension on all of our cars.

L8R,
Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts