Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
722 Posts
ive seen 100s with a loader on them....should be ok for a tiller for sure

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The tiller will go on both of them but you will need to get all of the parts to hook up the tiller if you don't have them.

The 122 will handle the tiller fine but you will need to find a creeper for it or else you will have to make a lot of shallow passes with the tiller. You will also need to get a rear lift set up too since the add doesn't say the tractor has one it.

The 1450 would be a better tractor to run a tiller because it has a hydro tranny which will let you move nice and slow while tilling. The add also says that it has a sleeve hitch on it so you won't need to find a rear lift setup.

Overall I think the price is a little high on both of the tractors since they don't run or have mower decks. Before buying one of them I would check the tractor over carefully and look for any signs that might show the tractor has been abused over the years.

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
MY Little 7Hp 70 use to handle a tiller rather well for the Original ower

BTW I grew Up next door to the IH Cub Cadet Test engineer and he would Not have ok'd any attachment for Production or use that wouldn't run well on any of the Cubs and He tested a lot of IH Cub's & attachmnets in his own backyard ie IH tillers and Danco Loaders:thThumbsU

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I dont think you could go wrong with any of them. I'am leaning toward the 1450 hydro. . But like me, all I'am waiting on is a creeper for my IHCC 100. The slower, the better! I'am sure the 122 will preform great as well!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what exactly is the sleve hitch? is that what my mower and everything else mounts to? the bracket on the bottom that has those rails?

·
Registered
665 Posts
The tiller will go on both of them but you will need to get all of the parts to hook up the tiller if you don't have them.

The 122 will handle the tiller fine but you will need to find a creeper for it or else you will have to make a lot of shallow passes with the tiller. You will also need to get a rear lift set up too since the add doesn't say the tractor has one it.

The 1450 would be a better tractor to run a tiller because it has a hydro tranny which will let you move nice and slow while tilling. The add also says that it has a sleeve hitch on it so you won't need to find a rear lift setup.

Overall I think the price is a little high on both of the tractors since they don't run or have mower decks. Before buying one of them I would check the tractor over carefully and look for any signs that might show the tractor has been abused over the years.
Ditto to everything said here. and. here is what the rear end of my 123 looks like to handle my #1 tiller:

Attachments

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
what exactly is the sleve hitch? is that what my mower and everything else mounts to? the bracket on the bottom that has those rails?
Thats what the tiller mounts to and raises and lowers it.

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
Thats what the tiller mounts to and raises and lowers it.
Well he is showing the Upper Link of the IH 3point & tiller Gear Box Here is what a IH 3point Looks Like for Cub Cadet Garden tractors
You need the IH 3point to use a Brinly Sleeve Hitch adapter
You also Need a IH 3point To raise and Lower the tiller on either a wide Frame or Narrow Frame Tractor what He posted You will heed to Operate the tiller
BTW here is what a IH 3point & Brinly adapter Look like Mounted on a Narrow Frame
But You don’t need the Brinly sleeve Hitch adapter to raise or Lower the Tiller Only a Narrow of wide Frame IH Cub Cadet 3point
and if You don’t have Hydraulic lift on the 122 when running a Tiller You would also want the Narrow Frame spring assist
or Find a Narrow Frame Hydraulic lift Kit pictured on this Tractor Here
so for raising any Lowering the Tiller at least the 1450 already does Come with a Internal Hydraulic lift system But the 122 is Very capable of running it as well:thThumbsU

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
Thanks for the information Sergeant!:thanku:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sergeant, or others,
I think I understand the Cub rear implement lift, and a "normal" three point hitch. Your notes on the Brinly help somewhat, but how does it function with only one pointing point?

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
The Yellow is the bottom mounts.
Red is the lift.
Green is the rear end/ Differential.
cub.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts