My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
The way it is now I'd say its very confusing for someone just getting into either brand a lot of us regulars may know a S14 is an Ariens and 424 is a Gravely but newcomers would most likely be confused because most of the time the Gravely or Ariens name isn't mentioned.Snapper and Massey have separate forums and they have much more in common with each other than Gravely and Ariens.Anyway the number of hits a forum gets isn't the goal if it was there'd only be a JD forum and 'everything else' to me its where to go to get information on that particular brand of tractor/mower.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The way it is now I'd say its very confusing for someone just getting into either brand a lot of us regulars may know a S14 is an Ariens and 424 is a Gravely but newcomers would most likely be confused because most of the time the Gravely or Ariens name isn't mentioned.Snapper and Massey have separate forums and they have much more in common with each other than Gravely and Ariens.Anyway the number of hits a forum gets isn't the goal if it was there'd only be a JD forum and 'everything else' to me its where to go to get information on that particular brand of tractor/mower.
Excellent reflection on the issue. You are dead on in your understanding of the problem and provided a response anyone could understand.

·
Registered
296 Posts
As the title says, I'm wondering where all of the NH and Ariens GT owners are?
It seems to be mostly Gravely owners...that's not a bad thing of course..

I have a 1973(estimate) New Holland S16H tractor that I picked up for a song this summer, it hadn't ran in 16+ years, with a lot of cleaning and a carb rebuild it runs pretty darn good.
It came with a broken single stage snowblower that I am currently rebuilding for the upcoming snow season.

Overall I am very happy with the old girl, I'd like to see some pics on how they had the rear attachments and 3 pt connected to these tractors if anyone has any photos of that, I figure I may be able to fab something up to work for me.

Thanks for letting me ramble,

humpty
my 3 point is home made, the arms & top link are shorter - I loose some lift, but gain lifting weight cap. - the rear blade is home made and painted kubota orange (it was painted to match my S14-H - allis orange matches the GT pretty good, that's what the cab & front blade are painted), as well as the front blade in my avatar, not pictured are a set of pallet forks that I built I have moved 600 lbs with them - to anyone who saw these pics in last winters post - I did finally get the cab painted, just need to do the doors yet & I just installed my new cd player sunday

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts