My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Just some crazy cat...
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I had some work done on my truck which involved removing the door trim panel. A few days later I noticed that the "trim panel armrest screw cover" (I think that's what it's called, according to my service manual) is missing. It's a small piece of plastic trim about four inches long and 3/4" wide that goes inside the armrest on the door and covers a couple of screws. I went back to the shop and asked them about it. Of course they can't find it although they said they'd order a replacement. I haven't heard back from them. I've done some research on my own and I can't find that part anywhere. I suspect that it's only sold as part of the whole door trim panel which runs a bit under $400 according to one web site I found, which I would imagine they won't want to pay, especially for a 15 year old vehicle. Although, I think that doing so would help them learn not to make a mistake like that in the future.

Hopefully they can find just the small cover -- it can't be more than a $3 part -- at one of their suppliers or junkyard. If not, any clues where I might find one? Am I right in thinking that a small part like this isn't available (new) separately? I pulled the same part from the passenger side to see if I could find a part number stamped on it. I found "14689475" and "CAV3". This is for a 1996 S10.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts