My Tractor Forum banner

Where to find Kawasaki parts in Canada *HELP!*

324 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  dave_r
Hi Everyone,

As you can probably see, I live in Canada.

With that said, I seem to find it hard to find places to buy engine parts. I have a Kawasaki FR651V on a Gravely ZT50 that I need to rebuild with an oversize piston/rings, and just cannot find anywhere good to buy the parts. Does anyone out there (fellow Canadians?) have any advice on where to buy a rebuild kit, or the parts seperately for a reasonable price?

Thanks,
-S.W.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Did you try here

No, I didn't try that... Good site, thanks!

Those prices are kinda steep though o_O over $100 dollars apiece for the oversized pistons. I was really hoping to find a rebuild kit like this one:

The problem with ^^^ is that they don't ship to Canada.

I appreciate the feedback though! 👍

-S.W.
Did you try here

Yep, us Canadians don't see this cross border trading that is always in the news....I didn't look, but does Boats.net handle your product??
Kawi parts are expensive here in The Great White North, no way around it. If you can find a U.S. supplier that will ship exchange, duty, freight and brokerage fees make it rather unattractive.
No, they don't carry any Kawasaki parts. Oh well I guess 😔
Yep, us Canadians don't see this cross border trading that is always in the news....I didn't look, but does Boats.net handle your product??
  • Sad
Reactions: contenderK
I do have friends in the US. Shipping there is fine, even cross-country. Might see if I can get it shipped to them first, then have them send it through regular postage. I know it won't be cheap, but I think it'll still be better than spending $500 on bits and bobs from Canadian sites...

\/ \/ \/

(I can get a basic oversize rebuild kit from the US for about $250 cad):

https://www.psep1.biz/Kawasaki-Rebu...1v-fx730v-50mm-oversize-basic-rebuild-kit.asp
Kawi parts are expensive here in The Great White North, no way around it. If you can find a U.S. supplier that will ship exchange, duty, freight and brokerage fees make it rather unattractive.
Yeah, if you can get the kit for the FR651V from psep, that would be great.

I know when I rebuilt my FR651V (died an early death because of overheating because it was assembled wrong), I did a bunch of googling and managed to find a Kawasaki gasket kit for it (don't have the p/n now, don't recall how I found it), but it was less than 1/2 the price of what all the local dealers said I should do, which was to go through the parts diagrams and buy every gasket and seal separately, as they couldn't guarantee the kit would have everything for my engine. It did, they knew it, they just wanted the extra money... :-( Some refused to even order the kit.

Now I order the majority of my parts out of the US (typically jackssmallengines), sometimes from partsbay.ca (sometimes their prices comparable [taking into account the exchange rate] and free shipping).
Reactions: SpeedWobble
1 - 8 of 8 Posts