My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find even a picture of a 3 point hitch hookup for my old Murray 18 twin gt.It had the rod go across the back with clip pins on it but just 2 holes to bolt something on above.I have the plow and other attachment now and want to try them.Also anyone know of replacement decals for it,i'm repainting it but the stickers are getting bad.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
I would like to find even a picture of a 3 point hitch hookup for my old Murray 18 twin gt.It had the rod go across the back with clip pins on it but just 2 holes to bolt something on above.I have the plow and other attachment now and want to try them.Also anyone know of replacement decals for it,i'm repainting it but the stickers are getting bad.
It doesnt take a 3pt it takes a sleeve hitch, the decals have to be custom made.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that was fast.Thanks.Okay what does the sleeve hitch look like,I know sounds dumb but this kinda new to me.

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Go to thread below and scroll to post #8. Murray sleeve hitches are hard to come by. You want to search the ebay/cl circuit for Murray part 24801. What I plan on doing if and when I get my hands on a Murray GT is ordering a new one from Craftsman and making that one fit.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=143256

·
Banned
465 Posts
That's what I had to do, BBY, adapt a Craftsman to my '85 GT to pull a box blade. Rather than to try and bolt it on, I welded it on. I still need to install 2 long carriage bolts near the top, because I installed a 2000lb winch to power the sleeve hitch and it's bending at the top, due to no bracing. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
That's what I had to do, BBY, adapt a Craftsman to my '85 GT to pull a box blade. Rather than to try and bolt it on, I welded it on. I still need to install 2 long carriage bolts near the top, because I installed a 2000lb winch to power the sleeve hitch and it's bending at the top, due to no bracing. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.

Bob
I would love to see pictures. If I score the GT I'm after this weekend, I am going the Craftsman hitch route for sure.

·
Banned
465 Posts
BBY, rather than run the risk of hijacking this thread, I'll start another, "My GT".

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts