My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is where I "hang out" and post to the MTF.

My Computer Loft, Mac system on left, XP - PC system on right.

G4 Tower, 15" Flat Screen, HP G85 printer and Sony CamCorder for a Web camera.

My 15" Titinium PowerBook Mac, LeCie CD-RW and Palm 515m stand.

Running both Mac and PC systems gets a bit confusing at times, especially when I get on the XP machine.

Greg

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
I commend you on your hardware organization in your lair, Greg!

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mow...but you've seen pics of my "junk" stuff, right? Now when I get all that cleaned up, I'll be doing good. I have a feeling that gonna happen, though... Never does.

The loft does work out well, as I can look down at the TV or the dogs below in the family room, or smell dinner cooking in the kitchen just below and forward.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Greg said:
Thanks, Mow...but you've seen pics of my "junk" stuff, right? Now when I get all that cleaned up, I'll be doing good. I have a feeling that gonna happen, though... Never does.

The loft does work out well, as I can look down at the TV or the dogs below in the family room, or smell dinner cooking in the kitchen just below and forward.
"Mission Control"! ROF Seriously, though that's an ideal place for your stuff. I want the same setup, only in a 30' by 30' area!

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that's a "mission control"!! ROF ROF

Good one, Ken. :fing02: :fing02:

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Gee even their toilets look nicer!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Looks like you may need a gravity suit and helmet to operate.....

·
Administrator
11,856 Posts
Probably has a built in air freshner that makes the room smell like apple blossoms after every flush.

·
Registered
520 Posts
memmurphy said:
Probably has a built in air freshner that makes the room smell like apple blossoms after every flush.
Not needed, since as Mac users our sh*t don't stink! ROF

Anyway, that's a great setup Greg. (Well, except for the XP system, it kinda brings down the property value of your loft!)

My setup now is just my 15" PowerBook. I used to have alot more, mainly for making music, but now I just plug the guitar into the PB and fire up GarageBand.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
GarageBand absolutely kicks aZZ! Even for a non-musician such as myself, it's easy to create decent sounding stuff with all the loops it has.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
Kid Muddy said:
Not needed, since as Mac users our sh*t don't stink! ROF

Anyway, that's a great setup Greg. (Well, except for the XP system, it kinda brings down the property value of your loft!)

My setup now is just my 15" PowerBook. I used to have alot more, mainly for making music, but now I just plug the guitar into the PB and fire up GarageBand.
Ok, just to see the difference in the generation gap here Kid Muddy, have you ever heard of Duane Allman?

Durwood

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh Mow....too much...much too much time on your hands...Must be all the increase in your "productivity" since ya got that new Mini! ROF ROF ROF

Greg

..used to plan Tenor sax in HS band.....

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Greg said:
Oh Mow....too much...much too much time on your hands...Must be all the increase in your "productivity" since ya got that new Mini! ROF ROF ROF

Greg

..used to plan Tenor sax in HS band.....
"Productivity" is a loose term here. ROF

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
Durwood said:
Ok, just to see the difference in the generation gap here Kid Muddy, have you ever heard of Duane Allman?

Durwood

That's getting closer to my speed...

How about Merle Haggard? Waylon & Willie? Robert Earl Keen?

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WebCam? uhhhh That's a telescope...yeah, a telescope...

G :fing20:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts