My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several 3000 Series Tractors and will eventually need to replace some Castor Wheels.

Surplus Center does not have them in stock, but at one time they had some for about $12 per wheel.

That is a LOT less that I have found them for.

I would hate to buy a set and then learn they were available from another source for a lot less money.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have several 3000 Series Tractors and will eventually need to replace some Castor Wheels.

Surplus Center does not have them in stock, but at one time they had some for about $12 per wheel.

That is a LOT less that I have found them for.

I would hate to buy a set and then learn they were available from another source for a lot less money.
You really have two options:
One is to search on Amazon using the correct part numbers.
Two is to use your favorite search engine with the correct part numbers.

We really have no idea of where you have looked before other than the mentioned Surplus Center. Some people are more than happy to only order through the various Cub Cadet authorized parts dealers and pay the premium prices. Others take the bull by the horns and find their own least expensive place, then never pass the info on to others.
Also, are you absolutely sure that only Cub Cadet casters will work? Trying other brands that fit & work may find you better pricing. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Joel are you referring to the hard plastic anti-scalp deck wheels or the rubber tires swivel wheels found on the larger Cub decks?
If it's the hard plastic you're looking for any shop that carries either Stens or Rotary aftermarket mower parts should be able to get them for you for around $10-$15. Heck, if you want to pay for shipping you can go to the Stens website and order them direct.
Larry

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are listed as 6 1/4" x 3" and are solid rubber tires on steel wheels with grease fittings on the wheels.

Cub Cadet part # 734-3195 or 734-3195A, and Toro 63-8400 appears to be an acceptable substitute.

I have done many Amazon, Ebay, Google and Bing searches over a period of several weeks.

The best, in stock price I have found is $59.99 for two.

That is less than the price of one wheel at Parts Tree or at CC Dealer, but still a lot more than $12.95 each(Out of Stock at Surplus Center)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Two odd things about that site:
1. uses a .xyz domain. Everyone and their dog uses .com I suppose some use .biz
2. In the "About Us" page, they are an "international online fashion store". I guess they don't update that page ever...
Yeah, while it is a bit different, it is legitimate. It is all about because the regular .com or .biz are getting very crowded. ICANN is Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers which was set up by US Dept of Commerce and now is international. They are the ones that give that dot something so that computers can find stuff on the internet. .xyz was proposed in 2012 and was approved in 2014. Some have said that the .xyz designation is for the x, y, & z generations.
The store itself appears legit with offices in California & China.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to that link the day after it was posted here and it worked, but I tried it again just now and it did not work.

I was kind of holding off, since I don't need them right now, and wanted to let someone else be the "Guinea Pig"

Did anyone order any from them? If so, did the order get delivered? Any issues?

Has anyone else found a better price than $59.99 delivered for two?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Joelk, this is off topic, but in some of your other posts, you mentioned difficulties with the site. One thing you may not have noticed is that the number of posts you make does not update. The post count from last year was at 40 and this year, even with the numerous posts you have made recently, the count is now 41. Yeah, something odd going on here.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a set of these for $59.99 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS439E6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They were the best price I found.

They seem to be well made, but the bearing area is not as wide as it is on the original wheels.

I installed some 1/8" x 3/4" washers, one on each side of the bearing area, and this seems like it will work out well.

I will need to get some more wheels in the not too distant future, and the ones that I got are not currently available, so if anyone finds the same, or a better price, please post here.

Thanks, Joel

FYI, if you replace these wheels you will also want to replace the "Castor Wheel Axles", part # 750-3222, at the same time. I got those from Cubcadetmaster on Ebay and he seems to be a very good seller.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Castor Wheels I bought are NOT working out.

On one of them, the rubber part came part way off of the rim. I saw if fairly quickly and was able to get it back on by taking it off and driving over it. Unfortunately, it came off again after a very short period of time and this time is it off so far that I think it will be very difficult for me to get it back on the rim.

Even if I can get it back on, I think it would just come off again so I think I need a new/different set of wheels.

The rubber on the ones I just got seems softer and stretchier than the rubber on the old wheels. I assumed this was due to the age difference, but perhaps not.

If you have bought wheels that you have personally used and had good success with, please post a link.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put one of the original wheels back on to try to finish mowing. About 15 minutes later the rubber came off of the other "new wheel" so both of the "new wheels" are now junk.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I put a set on my Kubota B7500 60" deck earlier this year and have had no problems. That deck probably weighs as much as two 60" Haban decks that Cub used. What is the warranty, can you send them back?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put a set on my Kubota B7500 60" deck earlier this year and have had no problems. That deck probably weighs as much as two 60" Haban decks that Cub used. What is the warranty, can you send them back?
I got them from Amazon and it was less than 30 days so I shipped them back yesterday. I don't know if I will get a refund or not, but they were of no use to me so...

Oaktodd, are you saying that you used the same wheels that I used? From the same source?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I purchased the Toro 63-8400 from Amazon (sold by Mower Parts Group) for $59.99 for 2 with free shipping. I just checked my Amazon account to reorder and they are now $79.99.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oaktodd, thanks for the replies/info.

I just looked at the site that I ordered these from, and it is also Mower Parts Group, I noticed that the ad that I ordered from states:

MowerPartsGroup is the exclusive seller of NoAir products.
Semi-Pneumatic Gauge Wheel - Ribbed Tread. Replaces: 63-8400

The box that my wheels came in said: 38400 - Replaces Toro 63-8400

I did not see where the brand name was on the box, but I now assume that they were NoAir brand wheels that I had the issues with.

Yesterday, I ordered a set of wheels from Ebay that are advertised as being Genuine Toro 63-8400 wheels and I am hoping for better results from them

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I suspect that the rubber was supposed to have been glued to the rims, but I found no sign of any glue, so that may be why they came off.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just an FYI to everyone. I did get a refund of the full amount I paid for the wheels that I returned to Amazon.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts