My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe you've been there. You are on that small hill and the rear two tires on your riding lawn mower start slipping. Oops! You just turfed your own lawn. We agree that this probably isn't a proud moment, but LawnProTires.com has a solution!

If your rider has Carlisle Turf Savers and you're mowing hilly property, you will likely experience slipping. You know as well as we do, that this isn't the best thing for your grass. Thankfully, our friends at Carlisle have a tire that gives the traction you need without sacrificing your lawn- the Turf Master. The Carlisle Turf Master is an excellent blend of turf friendliness and traction. Simply put, the deeper tread in the Turf Master delivers the extra traction you and your riding lawn mower need on those pesky inclines without being too aggressive on the flats.

We all agree that the Carlisle Turf Saver is a great performing tire if your lawn is flat and level. Still, all it takes is a problematic hill or two to seriously consider the Carlisle Turf Master.

Of course, LawnProTires.com has a full line of Carlisle riding lawn mower and garden tractor tires from zero-turn smooths to the rugged Tru Power. More importantly, we have real people to answer your real questions.

http://www.lawnprotires.com/collections/commerical-mower-tires/products/turf-master

·
22,100 Posts
If you haven't got the weight to back up the tread, those will only be a marginal improvement.

Weight equals traction. Try loading the tires first.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I have seen that tire, the open design, obvious in the pic above, gives the tire more flex, which in turn gives more traction.

Kind of what they found when they went from steel wheel tractors to pneumatic tires - a great traction improvement!! :fing32:

I have two similar Cub Cadets, one with Turf Savers and the other with a tread similar to the Turf Master, there is significant difference.

That said, when is Carlisle gonna come into the 21 century, and give us radial tires?? Then we can have some real traction.

This GT has radials, and the traction is AMAZING!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts