My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ordinary average guy
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when is it time to refill the argon ? i started with 2000 psi and now im down to just under 500 psi on a 125 cf cylinder.
i weld at 35-37 psi.
will the cylinder go all the way down or will i need to refill before the cylinder itself goes below the 35-37 psi i weld at ?
i dont want to wait until its gone and im in the middle of a project to refill.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
usually once i'm below 300-500 in my 90 tank I figure it's time to take it in. I'd rather not use up all the gas I'm paying for than be in the middle of a weekend project and run out!

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Same here, below 500 and it's time to get it refilled.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My mig will go for a long time after it gets to zero. I watch the cfm it slowly drops below the setting I have a spare cyl.and change it before it gets too low. The cyl. is almost empty.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have run mine down to zero if I have to ,but I also live only 2 miles from gas depot. But to answer your question yes you can go below 500 without any trouble at all. What kind of flow meter do you use?

Wilber

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I usually run mine down to zero, heck I pay for it may as well use it. Saying that , I can see the wisdom in making sure it's fulll for a weekend project.
If you're using 35-37 Cubic Feet Hour (not psi) you can turn it down a bit unless you're outside, 15-20 is a good start again depending on the wind....Mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
That is one fourth of a tank isn't it. Do you know how long you welded to get down that far? you should be able to estimate how much welding you have left. That would be a lot of gas to throw away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts