My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1450 stacker
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be picking up a B-165 here real soon for a project. It has a mower deck, and snowthrower as well as a front blade. It is currently not running (well at least) and is ugly as heck. Can anyone tell me about these tractors? different types of attachments and such that can be used? A base value on what this is worth as a non-runner and in need of paint work? I'm not paying an arm and a leg for it so I'm going to attempt it. I just don't want to pay too much either.
Anyways, just general info. on this and possible sites for resto. help.

I will post pics once I acquire it but you won't be impressed by it I'm certain....

:thanku:, Joe

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You can see the details on the B-165 Twin's here
https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro
Just type in B-165.
There is also a 1984 5-speed but for some reason it is not documented anywhere. Interested in knowing what the model and serial number is on this one.

They are a lawn tractor more than a garden tractor because of the Peerless transmission and Eaton 700 hydro used on them making them a less expensive alternative to the garden tractors Wheel Horse was selling at the time. Still a nice tractor.
Let us know how you make out.

Garry

·
1450 stacker
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up the B-165 this evening. Man is she rough... it runs ok in low rpm's but dies when rpm's increase. got some searching to do and some putting back together as the P.O. had it pretty much torn apart. Positive thinking though that I hope all the nuts and bolts are there in the bag he gave to me...haha right. Anyways, the deck spins freely and is not rotted at all. The snowthrower appears to have been rarely used and the snowblade is the same. It almost seems as if the accessories were garage kept and the tractor was not. lots of rust on the hood and foot boards but nothing rotted through.
I will try to update tomorrow with the pics. and serial #'s and such.

I also picked up from him an old Simplicity Broadmoor 707. cute lil bugger it is and pretty solid as well. Looks like the motor was replaced at one point but it's a pull start with ignition key as well. what's that all about???? :dunno:kill switch??

I'm certain I won't keep the 707 so if anyone is in the market for it lemme know. Sorry so long winded but I am happy with the lil tractors I just procured.

Goodnight, Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts