My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys and gals I have mine here for you to see now show me yours. Mine are made for a 12"x1/2" thick steel plate with solid 8" round stock 5inches thick welded to the center. weighing in at 96lbs each and along with my not so dainty hind end at 205 (before thanksgiving) i hope it will be enough for my driveway. so lets see your wheel weights and weight setups. (and yes there are other threads about weight but why not start a new one and maybe have some newbie's like me chime in) ;-) NOW ALL I NEED IS SOME OF THE WHITE STUFF TO TRY HER OUT!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 5 1" thick steel plates bolted to the top of the sleeve hitch. They weigh 50 lbs each, so 250 lbs hanging on the hitch. I weigh 280. With the ice-breaker chains on the wheels, I can just about stall the 444 out before it spins. You do have to be gentle when they are overballasted by that much.

I used to run the same weights on my 220 with a blade. It also had wheel weights, fluid in the tires, ag tires, and chains.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
We've fab'd a few sets like this ... 33lb Olympic weight plates, sourced through Play It Again Sports at $.50-.60 per lb ... center cap is a PVC pipe cap painted Power Red.

And of course have several running about with OEM Ingersoll filled and cast iron ...

Brian

Attachments

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts
JD Steel weights!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Brian, is that just one weight per wheel or do you have more underneath the one we can see? Just wondering how many can be added without sticking out past the tires.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice job on recycling the JD's Creekhead1, I'm really diggin' your frankin cab and have been watching from the begining.

Brian i really like the look of your weights. very, very clean looking. and i really like the suttle touch of the center cap.

Awesome you guys now we need some more members to chime in. correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the stock cast iron weights 40 or 44 lbs. either way it'd be ice to see some originals.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
Oh, I thought you wanted to see what members had fab'd.

Here is the same 4023 with WW60 OEM cast iron weights (used to be called D10's). The set of 4 discs is 150 lbs.

That back blade adds a bit to the weight also and with filled lugs, this machine is pretty unstoppable in reasonable expectations, save for glare ice.

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
B-E-A-UTIFULL Brian. and sorry if it came across the wrong way. I did say lets see the fabbed weights, but i'm not going to give ya the run-around. i just love seeing ww's.

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts
B-E-A-UTIFULL Brian. and sorry if it came across the wrong way. I did say lets see the fabbed weights, but i'm not going to give ya the run-around. i just love seeing ww's.
That has got to be the oddest fetish I've heard of.. :sorry1: :hide:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah it probly is out ther on the weird scale.

brian, i was wondering if you could quote me a price on a pair of speaker 780 lenses. that is if you carry them.

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
yeah it probly is out ther on the weird scale.

brian, i was wondering if you could quote me a price on a pair of speaker 780 lenses. that is if you carry them.
Can I second that Brian, my 444 has no eyes!

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
We presently only have sourcing on the Speaker 780's as a complete lamp assembly, about $36.

GPHope.com has found sourcing on the lens only and sells them for $10 ... I'll stock them at that price if someone can figure out the sourcing, but I can't come close to that deal, so I'll steer you that way.

(Most of the other very well priced parts GPHope has, including Ingersoll main pump hoses and Onan carb rebuild kits, we also stock at similar pricing).

Brian

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
How about some with spinning blades like on that James Bond car? You could trim the hedges while you are mowing grass.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've been following this thread as I continue my search for some wheel weights on my 446. I found these on a local CL ad but they are off a 224. Maybe a silly question but would they fit a 446? Obviously wheels and tires are larger but didn't know if they bolt patter is the same.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Here's a 400 series that I got with a pair of home made wheel weights.
They're about two inch thick billet steel with the proper holes drilled.
They can be had Mark if your needing.

The 16" weights are a couple inches bigger bolt circle than the 12".
Here's the Case front weight bracket that uses the wheel weights as ballast.
You can see the two different bolt patterns.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Your right about the Play It Again Sports Brian, I got mine today for .45 a pound plus 30% discount. I walked out of there with 190# of weights right around $63.00 now I just have to drill them out. Pics to come soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts