My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Joe
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might recall a few weeks ago I bought a Sears 14-6. I want a set of wheel weights for the rear and how the heck do I know what fits? The inside of the wheel is about 10".The next measurement I took is where the wheel "rolls out" to the next dimension which is 11 1/2". The wheel depth is 3 1/2 -4 1/2 " deep. The weight mounting holes are 8 3/4" on center. What am I supposed to look for to fit the tractor based on these dimensions?
Thanks for any and all help.
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
if the weights are for a 12" wheel, they'll most likely fit. pretty generic

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
:ditto:

the sears cast iron ones will run you anywhere from 75 to 125 depending on condition

·
Joe
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"the sears cast iron ones will run you anywhere from 75 to 125 depending on condition"

Craigslist is my very best friend.........and lots of patience.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
i got mine without bolts for $60 off craigslist... $10 of threaded rod and nuts later and im in business

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
I figured the value of my tractor, and how much the weights cost me with the tractor and I got $10 for 2 sets of iron weights. However around me these weights go for $40-60 a set I have found and are highly liked.

Weights seem expensive in my mind, but the difference they make is unbelievable almost so they are definitely worth it in the end.

·
Joe
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm looking on c-list and fleabay but nothing yet. Patience. By the way if anybody is interested in a Cub 107 hydro I found one with a smoking 10 H.P. kohler on it for 150.00 Didn't buy it but if you want it let me know and we can possibly work something out. he was asking 300.00 for it but will let it go for 150.00

·
22,772 Posts

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
You can make them out of old brake drums im told....Or make ya some brackets and put dumb bell weights on the rear wheels......

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
i got mine without bolts for $60 off craigslist... $10 of threaded rod and nuts later and im in business
I got my sears cast ones for $40 off craigslist and about $8 of carriage bolts and nuts from tractor supply... They sell their bolts by the pound, sometimes it is cheaper than piece meal!

IH cub weights work great too! don't weigh as much, but you get a set of those and sears weights, and you got about 77lbs on each wheel! Cub weights inside the hub, sears weights outside. Like this:
IMG_1890.jpg

or get Sears or craftsman plastic ones like this
0728101802.jpg

Any 12" wheel weight for lawn and garden tractor will fit.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
james, where do you get 77 pounds?? sears weights are 33 and cub ones 26, thats 59 (?)

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
james, where do you get 77 pounds?? sears weights are 33 and cub ones 26, thats 59 (?)
plus the weight of the wheel? nah, i had bad math... for some reason i forgot sears are only 33 lbs :) My bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts