My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so JD does not offer rear wheel weights for the JD 111 they only had weight blocks that bolt onto the rear frame (i already have 2 ) but would like to add wheels weights do any of you know where i can buy generic wheel weights for an 8 inch wheel ?

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,947 Posts
Just posted a note in your other thread, thought I should do it again here... I'm not sure that any company makes wheel weights that small, a number of guys on here have made concrete weights for their rear wheels on the smaller GTs and LTs.... They drill 2 holes in the rims, then put a piece of cloth or something like that into the rim hole, cardboard tubes to keep the concrete out of the axle hole and the bolt holes, then pour concrete into their rim... Personally, I've never done this, I might try it now that I have a second set of rims... It might be easier to fill your tires with Windshield Washer Fluid...

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
If you will measure up your center hub (diameter and depth), I'll measure some weights I got from Littledeere, which I believe will fit. Mine aren't for sale but he has or had another set. Gburnett looked at them and thought he had two or three sets just like them he'd probably sell.

They are, we believe MTD weights, but are drilled with multiple holes to fit a variety of rims.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,431 Posts
I think Deere does make a set of 8" weights for the front wheels on the X300/X500 tractors... I'll bet they could be adapted to fit your wheels. I think they are BM17964 and are about $80 each and another couple bucks for the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Found a set of Craftsman on Craigslist for 10 bucks, laid them on the rim, marked the holes, drilled em, bolted and done.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,431 Posts
That would be a good way to go too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts