My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a wheel horse belt driven vacuum on craigs list for sale and went and bought it for 25.00,It is just the mounting bracket and blower housing and pulleys, no hoses or anything else. Its a model 7-2611-7 Serial 891978, I wish I knew how to post a picture on this forum so members could see what the model i'm refering to looks like,Anyway, does anyone have any idea where I could find a manual or parts break down and possible belt size to hook it up to my c-160 auto (1974).Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you zekepiks (SKIP)

·
close enuff works for me
3,102 Posts
Can't help you with the wheel horse parts, but when you get it done, I would like to see a picture of you driving it into the house to clean the living room carpet.........:trink40:

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
I have almost the same unit......but mine is complete.
I turned down that very same blower you bought.
It was still a great deal for $25. Now I have a friend
that has the pulley unit I believe if your interested.
AND.....he lives here in Michigan like we do....lol

·
Professional Homeowner
7,649 Posts
Great find!!! The blower housing alone is $158 on partstree.com. I just paid $200 for a complete unit, but my blower housing is pretty busted up. You should easily be able to adapt any bagger unit to your tractor, and figure out some sort of plumbing to get from the housing to the bagger. Parts are a snap to find. Genuine Wheel Horse parts aren't cheap, though. Check partstree.com or your local dealer for the specialty stuff.

·
Professional Homeowner
7,649 Posts
Here are some pictures of the unit mounted on a 42" deck as per zekepiks request. The 48" uses a double pulley on the far right spindle, with the bottom pulley in the stack having a bigger diameter. The 42" stack has the top and bottom pulleys the same size. That is the only difference in installing it on a 42" vs. 48" deck.
Note: The belt guards have been removed only for these pictures.

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
????? You must have a completely different unit than I do.
Mine hangs on the tach a matic rear end and a belt is run through
a special footrest with a cutout and add-on belt guard. It is a similar
belt routing that a tiller has.

I saw a picture of his unit on the ad. It looked like mine.
So I assumed when we looked up the part number....we
were talking about a 73-74 vacuum unit like mine.

·
Wheelhorse of Course
130 Posts
????? You must have a completely different unit than I do.
Mine hangs on the tach a matic rear end and a belt is run through
a special footrest with a cutout and add-on belt guard. It is a similar
belt routing that a tiller has.

I saw a picture of his unit on the ad. It looked like mine.
So I assumed when we looked up the part number....we
were talking about a 73-74 vacuum unit like mine.

I have one of those systems as well, and it is complete except for the floor board with the cut out

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You can download an OM for the 1973 7-2611 and 1974 7-2613 rear mounted vacuum from the Files of
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals5/
They are named "Mower Vacuum Lawn 42in 1973-74 7-2611 and Hose 7-2621.pdf" and "Mower Vacuum Lawn 42in 1974 7-2613 and Hose 7-2621.pdf"

Manuals for the side mounted unit can be downloaded from
https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm
Use 79301 for a model number and
3912345 for a 1993 serial number
5912345 for a 1995 serial number
6912345 for a 1996 serial number
7912345 for a 1997-98 serial number
9912345 for a 1999-2000 serial number
210123456 for a 2001-04 serial number
250123456 fror a 2005-07 serial number

Also check these model numbers 94-9780 and 104-2486 and type none for a serial #.

Garry

·
Registered
103 Posts
That blower housing now costs $282

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got one of these for my WH, but the plastic of the housing has seen better days. Not sure if it's from getting hit or just the sandblasting action of grit/dirt getting flung around inside of it.

I assume yours has the weight that goes on the left side of the deck to counter the weight of the blower?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here is a pic of mine. Picked up at auction for $600.
Sold two weeks ago for $1350

Didn't see any counterweight

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
You stole that for $600. You still made someone a good deal at $1350. I respect that.
An older fellow, not that I'm young, came all the way from Paterson, NJ to my place on the border of PA and DE at I-95. 150 miles.

It was advertised for 1500. We haggled some the old fashioned way and agreed on 1350.

That tractor was in excellent condition. No rust, great original paint, 50th anniversary edition.

He was happy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow that thing is clean! I paid $1000 for a 1994 version of that same tractor, with bagger and plow. But not nearly that clean! How many hours did she have?

Here's the counter weight..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts