My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I haven't posted on here for a while, but I have a question. The Wheel Horse below is my daily driver. It is a 1965 model T-1055. After searching the net, I think this may be the only model that nothing can be found for!!!!! Does anyone have any pictures, or know what the original decals are supposed to look like??? These more modern stickers were put on when my brother restored it about 6 years ago. I would like to make it look retro with the original decals. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, Dad and I rebuilt this K-301 12 horse last week. I have the original 10 horse that came on this tractor, along with the starter/generator setup if anyone is in need of some parts. The motor needs rebuilt (including new crank, or the crank may be able to just be turned undersize). Starter/generator works.

thanks.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imagine that. Seems like the first place I should have looked at is the Actual Toro website!! Thanks for the help guys.

(Man those decals are salty)!

·
coldbear
78 Posts
Nice job hofherr. I have an older C-160 Hydro that I return to when I need a MULE.She pulles like a Mack truck.I too love red tractors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how did you get a big block to go were the short block was ?did you shortin the 12 horse block?
It is an EXTREMELY close fit as you see in the pics.
Well, as you can tell by looking at the tractor, the hood has sort of an upward slope in order to clear the motor (which looks a little strange but not too bad). You can see in the pics below, a new angle iron hood mounting block/hinge which raised the front of the hood about 1.5" had to be fabbed/welded on. Also, the bolt spread on the width of the block is wider than the actual frame on the 1055, so you can see the angle iron which was welded on/drilled & tapped on the front/back side of the frame. to make the frame wider in order to mount the larger block of the 301 instead of the 10 horse (241 I think it is). Also, the battery tray was cut out to bring the oil drain pipe out the side of the tractor. This thing is basically all motor!

Attachments

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
The 241 and the 301 are both big blocks. However, there are a number of different oil pans that have different mounting hole configurations.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Archie all the 10HP & up Kohler engines are called big blocks.
The 1075/1055/1045 models used a big block with a very short oil pan allowing them to fit in the 65 era shortframes.

·
16,496 Posts
All a learning experience--I just learned also--
though I knew about the difference on some of the old oil pans...

I had not looked close at one of that 1045/1055 series..:fing20:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts