My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from my father in law wanting to know if I wanted a wheel horse snow blower. I could tell he was at a auction, so I wasn't sure how to answer because this isn't something I would probably seek out. I told I didn't need it, he said "well I bought one and will sell it you for what I have in it. $2." I told him that sounded good to me.

so here it is. I didn’t get to look it over good. I found a serial number (30922) but not a model number. It is 37" at the widest point on the front.

Anyone have a idea what model it is or what tractor it will fit?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I cant see the hook uo part but the mid 60s
the serial number doesnt mean a lot see if theres a id tag
it also looks to be the 36" snowblower

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The 30922 is similar to other 1964 serial numbers. Notice the tractor frame brackets are bolted to the outside of the snowthrower chassis. The 953, 1054 and 1054A wide tractor frame models used this setup with a shim plate between the snowthrower and frame to get the correct width. I can't see a shim plate. The short frame tractors at the time required the frame brackets to be installed inside the snowthrower chassis to get the correct width.
The 1964 ST-374 and 1965 ST-375 are a guess with the illustrations for the ST-375 looking to be a better match if we can go by them. Both are available from the Files of
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals7/

Garry

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The snow blower I have and use for my 72 raider has small wheels on the sides, you adjust height by moving a lever. I was thinking maybe someone wore the wheels out and replaced them with those, kind of a cool way of fixing a problem if that's what it was!
Also someone used a small chain instead of the cable to turn the chute!

And look at the brace for the turn handle!!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The brace for the ST-375 is what makes me think that is what it is if we can go by the parts illustrations. For the most part the artists were very accurate.

Service bulletin "WH61-90 #081 ST-375 Snow Thrower Conversion to ST-376" shows how to convert for use on the long and short frame tractors with narrower frames with kit # 6075.

Garry

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 30922 is similar to other 1964 serial numbers. Notice the tractor frame brackets are bolted to the outside of the snowthrower chassis. The 953, 1054 and 1054A wide tractor frame models used this setup with a shim plate between the snowthrower and frame to get the correct width. I can't see a shim plate. The short frame tractors at the time required the frame brackets to be installed inside the snowthrower chassis to get the correct width.
The 1964 ST-374 and 1965 ST-375 are a guess with the illustrations for the ST-375 looking to be a better match if we can go by them. Both are available from the Files of
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals7/

Garry
So if I was going to look for a tractor to use this with I should look for a mid 60's tractor. Or would it be interchangeable with others as well.

I am not familiar with the wheel horse lineup.

Thanks for your help everyone.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is some shots of the brackets.

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Chuck, slap that puppy on a pallet and give me a price. I don't even get enough snow around here to wet my front blade, don't even know what I'd do with a blower :D

Dave

·
16,822 Posts
:00000033:Just to H-A -V-E !!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts