My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ed
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm relatively new to the forum, but am hoping for some help with the value of a tractor. I have the opportunity to buy a 1959 Wheelhorse with a 4 hp kohler motor. The chassis, and body have been restored, and the transmission is rebuilt. The tractor looks great cosmetically. The owner says it won't start due to a bad coil. I checked the motor, it has good compression. There is no mower deck, but does have what appears to be a homemade arrator with it. Any ideas on the value of this tractor would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
with out a picture and bad coil $25.00 but like i said no picture and bad coil
good running fair paint well for fifty year what paint around $250.00 maybe I have four so to me $100.00 running

·
Ed
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the prices. He's at $400.00 for the tractor and the airator. The tractor is really clean. There's no rust on it. But I'm wondering how hard it will be to find a mower deck for it, or any other part it may need? Would you change the motor or leave it original?
Thanks, Ed

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
This is the kind of tractor you would show and admire. You would not really want to
work it and risk breaking it. A mower deck would be the easiest to find for it.
If your looking for a tractor to work. You should get a newer one. Something
from the 1970's.

·
Ed
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't use it as a worker. I would just try to get it as complete as possible, and running. It would definately be a display piece. I've always wanted a Wheel Horse, and I think this just might be the one :praying:. I'll keep you posted.
Ed

·
16,814 Posts
Good luck-Ed....

The RJ models, for many who have them are for show and amusement...

glenn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts