My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i saw this ad on craigslist http://burlington.craigslist.org/grd/2615307088.html and it looks like a good deal to me , what do you all think , can you wheel horse guys tell me what model tractor this is and if there are any weak points on this type of wheel horse , thanks

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
It looks to me like an Attach a matic set up which would put it at 1973 or newer, but I wasn't aware that they made a 7 hp recoil start in that time frame. And this has a 8 speed.

The price is great. The tiller and blower alone are worth that. The blades look good on the tiller. Be sure that all the parts come with the tiller and blower. They are expensive to buy.( There is a lift rod and flag w/ the blower. A pulley setup that goes in the midmount for the tiller.)

The tractor looks rough but restoreable. I think it is at least an 8hp unless it has been cobbled.

This could be one of a number of models.

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for the info , i will make sure that all the mounting parts are there , does this wheel horse have 23'' tall rear tires or the smaller 18'' tires ?, it almost looks like it does have 23s to me , thanks for the help

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A pulley setup that goes in the midmount for the tiller.)
ok kind of like a double pulley set up , one belt comes from the engine to that double pulley and another belt go's from that to the tiller

·
C-Series Bubba...
317 Posts
Looks like a 2 digit model number and with the 7hp recoil start, it would be a 1976-1977 B-60 8-Speed. Like Lilysdad said, if all the attachments' mounting hardware is with it, that is not bad. The attachments alone are worth that.

·
C-Series Bubba...
317 Posts
ok kind of like a double pulley set up , one belt comes from the engine to that double pulley and another belt go's from that to the tiller

Single belt runs the blower, single belt runs the tiller...

22 or 23" tires, not quite sure. I think the smaller tractors had 22's...

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Weak point would be a 7hp engine on the frame that could hold up to 16hp. I
d say either a swap has been done or wrong info. Bad news is that it will be long gone anyway at that price.

·
C-Series Bubba...
317 Posts
Info from Toro site...

Product Type Riding Products
Engine/Motor Model # K161T-281269J
Engine/Motor Size# 7 hp
Engine/Motor Type 4 Cycle
Transmission Type Gear

Engine Starter Recoil
Transmission Manufacturer Wheel Horse
Transmission Model # 5091
Transmission Speed 8 Speed

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the info you guys , one quick question where would be the attachment lift lever , i am guessing the lever is on the left hand side where i can't see it in the photos , on another note i called the owner and he still has it , i did't go and take a look at it today and he is not around tomorrow so i am going to go and take a look at it thrusday , i am going to bring cash and a truck and hopefully it will still be for sale by then , luckly its only 20 miles or less from my house , thanks

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
I thought it could even be a B-80 and the owner mispoke about the engine.
Or could have even been repowered.

I don't know about the rototilling....but she will blow snow.
I blew snow for 28 years with a 6hp. tecumseh on a lawn ranger.
If it is a 8hp and not a 7 I know it will rototill also. I started out rototilling
with a B-80

But if you come across a 10hp. kohler in the future.....you could drop it
in there and it would be sweet.

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought it could even be a B-80 and the owner mispoke about the engine.
Or could have even been repowered.

I don't know about the rototilling....but she will blow snow.
I blew snow for 28 years with a 6hp. tecumseh on a lawn ranger.
If it is a 8hp and not a 7 I know it will rototill also. I started out rototilling
with a B-80

But if you come across a 10hp. kohler in the future.....you could drop it
in there and it would be sweet.
oddly enough i just happen to have a k241 kohler 10hp that seem to be in good shape , will the transaxle and frame hold up to a 10hp ?

·
9,271 Posts
Oh yes!

Will the 10 horse you have fit? Does it have the same motor mounts on the oil pan with the external ears?

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
Sure! Almost all 1970's wheel horses used the same frame and the 8 speed tranny
was used by 8 to 16hp. wheel horses. The only question I would have is if the 10hp.
kohler would fit under the hood. If it is the B-80...no problem. I have no experience
with the B-60 tractor. There were some small wheel horses that used a slightly shorter
frame and shorter hood. I do not know if the B-60 used the shorter hood and frame
or not. Strength is not a factor. All horses built very strong.
Still worth the purchase, for the cost of those implements.

·
the local ford fan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sure! Almost all 1970's wheel horses used the same frame and the 8 speed tranny
was used by 8 to 16hp. wheel horses. The only question I would have is if the 10hp.
kohler would fit under the hood. If it is the B-80...no problem. I have no experience
with the B-60 tractor. There were some small wheel horses that used a slightly shorter
frame and shorter hood. I do not know if the B-60 used the shorter hood and frame
or not. Strength is not a factor. All horses built very strong.
Still worth the purchase, for the cost of those implements.
thanks for the information ,i am hopeing that no one will grab it before tomorrow evening , it seems that most people around here don't like working on this kind of stuff or don't know how to , so i think i might get lucky and i will get it , thanks

·
9,271 Posts
What I'm saying is if the 10 horse is from a Cub or something that used the other oil pan style, it won't work without a lot of fabbing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts