My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the C Series attachments fit on a GT14? If so which ones do/don't? I am thinking of switching my C120 for a GT14. I mostly mow grass and plow snow. Does this sound crazy? What year did they stop making the GT14?

·
16,631 Posts
No==sir..Sorry---the GT-14 has it own attachments--a 953 and 1054 are the only ones I think are similar. and attahments/linkages are much harder to find.

GT-14's were made from 1969 to 1973 (supposidly), but i have never seen a '73 model.:dunno: Don't know anyone that has.....

The "C" model uses the much more popular attachments, as the more modern 300/400 series.

Any more questions? I am currently working on a 69 GT-14, getting ready to take up to Wheelhorse show.

glenn

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There are 10 model numbers for the GT-14 and have recorded 65 serial numbers for them.
In 1972 there are 2 model numbers 1-0502 and 1-0503.
In 1973 I suspect they rebadged left over 1972 models with model number 1-0502-8
Why did they not use the 1-0503? No serials yet for a 1-0503.
7 of the serial numbers are for the 1973 1-0502-8 with 3 in the Europe and the rest in the North America.

Garry

·
16,631 Posts
Garry,
my thoughts on this item, and my friend's here local (who used to be a Wheelhorse dealer) are that the GT-14 was badgered as the 1ST GT-
-Garden tractor--but by 73==You will find many parts on the first Gt-14's
(ie--the two spoke steering wheel, for one) to have been incorporated from the larger/older tractor s before them--950 series and 1070's.

.........other brands were doing the same thing, so they moversd on to the "D" series--bigger/heavber/more horsepower, etc.
My best guess-

[-I hope that old Carl Bowles (old W/H retiree) will again be up there in June at the Wheelhorse show--so I can hang w/. him for awhile, and listen to some true old tractor lore. Hope to see Steve and the guys, also.]

glenn

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
I have 4 GT-14's. One has a C-series mule drive on the front so it can use the standard
mower decks. Front snow/dirt plow is no issue. The directional handle needs to be bent
to clear the electric clutch. I am also working on a minor modification on a standard
rototiller so no need for the specific tiller anymore.
It is a great tractor! Can't you keep both? :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts