My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am going to look at a wheel horse 310-8 i am looking for something to mow about an acre of grass. are the these nice reliable tractors? is there anything i should watch out for. thanks alot

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
They're great tractors and will last a long time with care. Most likely it will have a Kohler engine. Very heavy duty machine.
Good luck.

MU

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
That will have a kohler engine. Listen for a rod knock, you will know it when you hear it, probaly not going to have that problem but listen for it . Other than that i would take a good look at the deck, a little rust is ok, they use a heavy quage metal so it can withstand a fair amount rust and still be salvagable by cleaning and repainting.

You can also easily find snow/dozer blades or snowblowers for that. For couple of hundred dollars you can have it do winter chores as well. Good luck if you don't buy send me a PM and I'll go take a look at it. If you have any questions or would like someone else to look at it with you give me PM as I see your in CT also.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i passed on it was pretty rough for the asking pirce but thanks for all the great help. still looking if you know of any in the CT area thanks

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hi paul68. I periodically check www.bargainnews.com for tractors and equipment, not that I'm really in the market for anything. From the home page, click on Yard Tool and search on both wheel horse and wheelhorse (2 searches) Some list as two words, some as one. Otherwise, craig's list is a good source. Good luck with your search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts