My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same setup you picture with chains and weights. Wheels spun at every drift or bank no matter how slow or fast I hit it. Had marks in the concrete driveway. Blew snow really well, but traction problems, manuverablility, and need for a cab were deal breakers. Took the snowblower back for the "no questions asked" guarantee by JD dealer.

For less money, I bought a Troy-Bilt 28" with Briggs engine. Very happy with it.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
From what I see on John Deere parts web site, the part number for the rear whells of a LT155 is AM132428.

The are the wheels that go on the LT150 to LT180

The wheels are the same size (8x7) as the X300, the LT180 give a other number for the rear wheels (from serial number 035001 and up) and this part number AM132428 are the wheels going on the X300.

Hope it's help. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sidponcho, if I may ask, what do you want bigger wheels for?
These are on Craigs List and I'd grab them for winter tires if I knew they'd fit. Here is the ad:

JD LT-155 rear tires
JOHN DEERE LT155 RIDING LAWNMOWER 20x10.00-8 REAR TIRES
This is a pair of rear tires and rims off a John Deere LT155. Tires held air fine.
Tread 40% - 50%
They go on a 3/4" shaft and have a 1/8" wide keyway

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Do you use rear tire chains with your snowblower?
This fall, I hope to get a blower like the you have.
Does it blow the snow good?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had the same setup you picture with chains and weights. Wheels spun at every drift or bank no matter how slow or fast I hit it. Had marks in the concrete driveway. Blew snow really well, but traction problems, manuverablility, and need for a cab were deal breakers. Took the snowblower back for the "no questions asked" guarantee by JD dealer.

For less money, I bought a Troy-Bilt 28" with Briggs engine. Very happy with it.
I bought one of those 3 years ago - it's a beast in any snowfall- highly recommend also- starts so easy have only used the electric start to test it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts