My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a definitive measurement on the bolt pattern for the rear wheels on a JD2305. I measured (using a guide from a Hot Rod wheel website) and came up with 5.25" . I am considering having some spacers made and found a site that will make a pair of 3" spacers for $200. Given that this is my first tractor, and nothing on my property is level and the fact that I am real nervous even mowing part of my yard, I really would like 6" more wheel width.

·
9K+ Poster
12,161 Posts
Clint,

Don't have a better measurement on the bolt pattern, but I would at least have a conversation with your dealer about the added stresses of pushing out the wheels 3""/side. It may be fine, but I would at least discuss it. (I did this with my 2210 and the Deere 1" spacers). :)

·
W5CPT
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did discuss wheel spacers with the Mechanic who sets up, services & repairs CUTs at my dealer (Hutson's in Mayfield KY), albeit not 3" but 2". We talked about turning the wheels around and 2" spacers which would give me about 5.5" more. I really don't want to turn the wheels around because that puts the valves on the inside. So for a lot less I can get a bit more spacing and still have the valves on the outside.

If I ever have to take the tires off the rims for any reason, I am going to drill holes so I can have valves on both the inside and outside.

And, yes I would ask Kevin (the mechanic) if I find out what I want to do is feasible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts