My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a quick and easy way to fix up old split or chewed up plastic covers on wheel adjusters. Bought a can of liquid vinyl Plasti-Dip. 2 dips, some dry time and 2 more seems to cover quite well. You can trim the dingle berries from drip drying once fully dry. Haven't found white, but used black over the white. Haven't checked the website yet, but they may make yellow and white too. Custom colors available the product states. My local Menards had black and red for $6.88 a can. Much cheaper and easier than trying to pry off the old ones. Been there and done that.

·
Administrator
21,847 Posts
Hey, thanks for the Tip O' the Day, Echoman! With that product, a lot of touch-ups could be made on various machinery knobs/handles/tools, etc. Glad you posted that info.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been thinking about it for awhile now, but kept forgetting to pick some up. I have an F series deck swap im doing for a fella from steel to aluminum, and the adjusters on the aluminum deck were starting to split. This seems like the best way to fix the problem, plus I have some tools that could use a dip or two.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,818 Posts
You know better than to post without pics. You are grounded for one week son.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts