My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd add something fun here, may even turn into a sticky at some point. The title pretty much says it, but to be specific - post your favorite model of Cub Cadet Tractor. Can be pre-MTD or post-MTD design. Pics to go long with it would be awesome, and state why you chose that one - that is, what makes it your favorite.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Ok I will play along. My first Cub is a 1100 it is a 1979. It has a deck and a front blade. I bought it because I got it very cheap and it is in mint condition for it's age. I have never kept a tractor over a year so I do not know about this one. But I do like everything about it. But at this time I have 7 tractors and something has to go. But 4 will go before this one, but I have someone that offers my some very good green backs, it will be gone. :thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I guess my 71 is my favorite! It too is very straight, clean, no sloppy-sloppy steering, and missing nothing! It was the last model to have a dash tower like the 70/100's did. And those series are my favorites too! But soon my 72 is going to be my favorite.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, guys! Thanks for playin along. Dig the eye candy!

orangejd - so the Cub is the 3rd favorite of your 7? :) Nice! Welcome to the addiction :)

joe - thanks for the friend request, by the way :) Love the 71. That is a very clean specimen you've got there. You've addressed the only complaint I had about my old 129 - I hated the sloppy steering on it. I see it has a 3pt on the back - what does the 71 get used for?

Keep em comin guys! I'm still trying to figure out what would be my fav....don't want to post prematurely. Love my 2186, but I think there are a few others in the Cub line that, in a perfect world, I'd LOVE to have.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My favorite thing about the 71 is the rear fenders. In my opinion, those curled fenders are the most attractive piece of metal on the old Cubs.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
My favorite would have to be a 100 with out head lights or fenders.

Even though mine is a wreck it is the heaviest built tractor I own.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Cub 100

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Mine is the one that gives me the most seat time that day.

The winner is usually an 1872, but, I now have a 1000 that will do plow duty this winter!!

The 1000 is a rag bag on the outside, but, runs strong, with a great transmission, rebuilt clutch and brakes (by me), and has good tires.

Now if we could only get some Virginia snow!!

D7K_0864.jpg

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
I got to say it is either the 1200, 72, 149, and the 582! Hard decisions!!

·
forkz
6,000 Posts
does this count it s a cub n its my favorite

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is by far the best picture in quality I've ever seen of a 100 Cub Cadet. Wow. Is that a professional shot? Depth of field is right on. Everything is in perfect focus. Makes me want a 100 bad!

It is very hard to pick, isn't it? They all have appeal for different reasons. I'm still holding off on posting until I can come up with the 'one.' Love my 2186, really. In fact, if it had power steering and hydraulic lift, it'd be perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And that Z counts, for sure! Looks like it gets worked!

·
forkz
6,000 Posts
they r all nice looking tractors guys my bro has 1650 he.s had since almost new thats n mint condition

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Right now, it would have to be my 1782. Why? Because its big, nasty and needing some fixing up. And I'll have to admit there is nothing like the sound of a 3 cylinder diesel.
When I get it nice it will probably not be my favorite. I get tired of them after the challenge is over. A character flaw.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is one big nasty lookin beast. I'd love to see you restore that one, what an amazing machine. Dual brakes and hydraulics, power steering, SGT frame, and the Diesel? Bet that thing is an absolute workhorse.

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I would love to operate a Cub Cadet Super sometime:drunkie:! Justin- The 71 gets used for alot of things. Snow plowing is an important task for the 71. If my White lt-14 dies, the 71 will be the grass cutter. My 72 is going to be repowerd with the k241, so that will ease the work load between the two. My goal for the 72 is to be looking as good as that nice 100 Hugh-SS16 posted. Thanks for the friend invite as well!:fing32:

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
My favorite would have to be a 100 with out head lights or fenders.

Even though mine is a wreck it is the heaviest built tractor I own.
Its my opinion that the 70/100 series tractors are very much desired tractors! I buy a part about every week for mine. I think your tractor is well worth it to get up and running again! To say, you are at a great starting point. I would be sanding and painting! Check for cracks in the frame where the motor would bolt and have them correctly repaired if there. :trink39:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts