1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
It is a custom, if hood decal sare correct then a mid 70's ST/10. Weird though, hood looks like the style used on the Roper ST/10 or Moto Mowers, the Sears used single up/down louvers from what I've seen. Grill looks like standard Sears Custom/ST.
If they actually painted it that copper color...they ruined it IMO. Not to mention super sloppy.

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
That hood, with the three over three vent holes just screams Roper or Moto-Mower, but the upper grill say it's a sears. I'm thinking that one or the other has been changed.

After zooming in close on the pictures, you can see the Suburban yellow paint on the inside of the frame so If anything has been changed, I'd guess that it was the hood,

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thanku: for the info. Think ill pass on it, already have 2 tractors requiring repaints,and one needing a hood, another project is not needed.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I agree, super sloppy paint job. All over the tires and whatever else. Who knows what else they skimped over.. passing is a good idea.

·
Registered
988 Posts
That hood, with the three over three vent holes just screams Roper or Moto-Mower, but the upper grill say it's a sears. I'm thinking that one or the other has been changed.

After zooming in close on the pictures, you can see the Suburban yellow paint on the inside of the frame so If anything has been changed, I'd guess that it was the hood,
Just remember, this is a Canadian Sears, Could be anything threw together from the factory. I just don't understand why there is such a difference in tractors between the 2 countries. A lot of our model numbers won't show up on the sears parts site.

·
Member: Special K Club
1,556 Posts
Just remember, this is a Canadian Sears, Could be anything threw together from the factory. I just don't understand why there is such a difference in tractors between the 2 countries. A lot of our model numbers won't show up on the sears parts site.
LOL, good point. I didn't think about the fact that it's in Canada. :fing20: Just like the way roper made a few changes on the white's tractor & the Volvo tractors.. the Canadian sears may have their own cosmetic differences.:fing32:

I see in the one picture, that the serial number plate is right below the seat and hasn't been painted over.. I wonder what the model number of the tractor is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts