My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I am going to look at an Ithaca deerslayer 20ga pump with a slug and bird barrel. It was his wife's gun she never hunted with it. So I'm assuming it is in good shape . I have no idea what it is worth and neither does he . I want to pay a fair price for it. I'm thinking $200
thanks for any help

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not know the year.
I know they made them for several years, are some better than others? How can I tell what year?
Thanks for your help

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
I bought mine in 1979 at Meijers in Michigan. Gave $139.00 FOR IT. Came with both barrels. I used it alot, and never had a moments trouble with it. Left it with my dad when I moved south. He still uses it at his place.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
generally the older the better.as in anything thats built.serial number will tell you the year.look up 20 gauge whatever brand.

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Hi ,
I am going to look at an Ithaca deerslayer 20ga pump with a slug and bird barrel. It was his wife's gun she never hunted with it. So I'm assuming it is in good shape . I have no idea what it is worth and neither does he . I want to pay a fair price for it. I'm thinking $200
thanks for any help
If you pm the serial and model # I will look it up in my blue book so you have some idea of what is worth.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
16,203 Posts
I love Ithacas. Have 2 featherlights and a DS. Light, fast and bottom ejection. If it is manufactured in Ithaca itself and in excellent condition, I would have no problem paying 350 to 400 dollars for it. Good luck!

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I love Ithacas. Have 2 featherlights and a DS. Light, fast and bottom ejection. If it is manufactured in Ithaca itself and in excellent condition, I would have no problem paying 350 to 400 dollars for it. Good luck!
I agree I also have 2 XL900's one in 12ga and one in 20ga and I will never part with them they are the best performing most accurate and rugged shotguns I have ever seen in a semi auto.

In fact I just used the 12ga yesterday (that mole wont mock me again lol) and it's still works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts