My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between each series? I know each brand has their lawn tractors, entry level garden, heavy duty etc, but which is which with Kubota? Since Kutoba doesn't post prices on their website, I have no idea which is the entry level etc. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
The Kubota series run like this and are expensive but are built for a lifetime of use.
T-series Kubota's entry level series all with gas engines.
TG-seies Kubota's 1st step up in the series One gas engine and one diesel engine available.
GR-series Kubotas 2nd step up and really a nice series, Real stump pulling power.
G-series Kubota's top of the line garden tractors and the best of a strong line-up

Kubota is currently offering rebates and fiancing incentives to get folks to take a look at all of there offerings.

One of my neighbors decided that a lawn or even a garden tractor was not what he wanted and got a BX23 with a front end loader and belly mower (he paid right at $14,000 for his) He decided that full overkill was the way to go as he has horses and wanted to have something that would last a really long time.

If uit hasn't been done I welcome you to mytractor dot com :Welcome:

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
DenRS said:
Whats the difference between each series? I know each brand has their lawn tractors, entry level garden, heavy duty etc, but which is which with Kubota? Since Kutoba doesn't post prices on their website, I have no idea which is the entry level etc. Thanks

Here is a price calculator someone made up for Kubotas.
http://www.compacttractorreview.com/articlepricetool.aspx

Durwood

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read all the reviews I could on the Kubota tractors and all of them were great. Seems like they build a great tractor although its kinda pricey. I'm not sure the wife will be happy about spending that kind of coin on a tractor. There is a dealer near my near house who sells both Cub Cadet and Kubota, so it will be nice to compare the two side by side.

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Yeah the prices are alittle steep but if you get a diesel powered one, They will last as long as 3-4 of the gas powered ones, I never mention resale value because Once I buy I want to use it up before the next guy get its :eck21:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed the dealer that is near the town I'm moving too on Sat and got some prices. He has a Kubota GR starting at 6499 and 7499 for the diesel. I really do not want to spend that much on a new tractor, but I know if I spend a little extra now I'll be better off in the long run. This same dealer also has a left over Cub GT3235 with a 48" deck for $5600. I'm pretty much leaning towards the Cub, but is the gas version of the GR that much better than the cub?

·
G2160 Owner
41 Posts
I just picked up a new G2160 for $7150.
It's the 21hp 3-cylinder liquid cooled diesel with a 54" deck,and a beast of a stout cast iron hydro.
The deals are out there-even moreso now with the ZTR fad that's going on-the traditional lawn/garden tractors are just sitting collecting dust at the dealers.
JL

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,564 Posts
jlangton said:
I just picked up a new G2160 for $7150.
It's the 21hp 3-cylinder liquid cooled diesel with a 54" deck,and a beast of a stout cast iron hydro.
The deals are out there-even moreso now with the ZTR fad that's going on-the traditional lawn/garden tractors are just sitting collecting dust at the dealers.
JL
:Welcome1: jlangton...Where is Warren??

·
G2160 Owner
41 Posts
I have a T that has a diesel so where does that fit in the lineup?
The "T" series, if I remember correctly, was one model line below the "G" series. They usually do not have any ground engaging attachment capability, and are basically a high-end riding lawn mower.
I almost purchased an TG1860 that had the 3cyl diesel when I was shopping.
JL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts