My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Its cheap .. Because its a SCAM ..

If it looks to good to be true on Craigslist .. Then its a SCAM and nothing more .. 99.9999% of the time

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Scam!!

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
That there is what you call a scam, Josh.

I suspect he is out of town, or the equipment is at his BILs, and he needs a deposit from you to bring it down. Shoot, for an extra $250, he'll deliver it to you.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Maby he meant $28,000 but it is most likely a scam.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That is most likely one of the scam listings. If it is, the "seller" will ask you to wire the money to him or her saying that the items are already packed for shipping and waiting for your payment.

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,305 Posts
The only problem is that the tractor is in another part of the country and the seller is being deployed to Afghanistan next week, so you need to send your money to the "ultrasecure ebay moneyholding service" (which doesn't actually exist) and then wait for the tractor to be delivered. Once you've received delivery (which won't ever happen) and are satisfied, then you contact the ultasecure ebay moneyholding service and tell them to release the money to the seller. If the tractor never shows up, or you aren't satisfied with it after it arrives, simply contact the ultrasecure ebay moneyholding service and they will be glad to give you your money back, or at least they would if they actually existed.

I still can't believe that people are falling for this.

I just heard the other day on the news that now they are actually stealing cars form craigslist sellers by taking them for a test drive and not coming back and then selling them on craigslist in another state for cash a few days later and giving the new buyer a forged title. Who in their right mind would let a stranger drive off in their car? If you're going to let them test drive it, at least ride along in the car.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
P.T. Barnum said: "There's a sucker born every minute"

If not.. These scams would not happen .. Out of 10,000 that might have read that Ad .. I wonder just how many fell for it or almost fell for it

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I like to inquire if I have time, AND ASK FOR SERIAL #s!!! Usually the ad disappears quickly after my inquiry! LOL

·
Registered
833 Posts
Another CL SCAM, I found early this year:- ad from Canada & tractor in USA ?????

When the seller wouldn't answer my questions but rather gave me a BS script, I sent email to CL Legal Department & the ad was shut down in 15 minutes.
- usually the stuff isn't stolen, because they don't have ownership
- seller usually just selling pictures that he/she took when viewing someone's item, at another property

JOHN DEERE 425 GARDEN TRACTOR, MOWER, LOADER & VACCUM - $3700 (montreal)

Interesting seller emails follow:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Thank you for your email. I still have it for sale. Unfortunately for the moment I am outside of my place for the next 3 months due to my new working contract. When I have received this working contract, I have decided to close the transaction using a Third Party Agency (This type of agency will take care of all the transaction details). A transaction closed through this agency will assure safety for both buyer and seller at the same time. The name of the agency that I prefer to use is United Ship LTD ( http://united-ship-ltd.do.am/index.html ).
The item is as described (perfect working condition) with all the accessories.
At this moment the product is located into United Ship LTD custody. If you want to buy it, they will take care of all the arrangements.

Thank you!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

As mentioned in my previous message, the item is located into United Ship LTD custody and i intend to close the transaction through their Third Party Agency. Using this type of Agency will give you the chance to inspect the product before I receive the payment for it. I will explain to you step by step how this will work:

First of all and most important, if you agree to close the deal, you will have to send me your shipping information ( your full name and address/ contact phone number and if available also a fax number ).
After I receive your shipping information, I will contact United Ship LTD and make the shipping reservation into your name and with your shipping address as the intended receiver of the product.

You will receive a notification from United Ship LTD as a confirmation that the product is in their custody.
After that, you will have to send the payment to United Ship LTD.
United Ship LTD will verify the Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the product to your door step. The payment is sent to United Ship LTD Agency and not to me directly.
The payment will be forwarded to me only after you receive the product and confirm that you accept it.
After you will receive the product and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct United Ship LTD with your decision.

If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return it to United Ship LTD with no expense. I will support all the returning taxes.
The product will come with 10 days Return Policy ( period to inspect the product condition and if by any reason you won't be satisfied, you will be fully refunded within 24 hours).

The shipping is included in the total price!

So if you agree please reply with your name and address to start the transaction.

Thank you!
Beaumont { :>)) www.petperfectexpress.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135888 http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=136600&page=3
1992 JD 318 original paint w/484 hr. on P218g Onan & #49 snow blower / 1998 JD GT262 w/brand new Kawasaki OHV & 48" rebuilt deck
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135838

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Another CL SCAM, I found early this year:- ad from Canada & tractor in USA ?????

When the seller wouldn't answer my questions but rather gave me a BS script, I sent email to CL Legal Department & the ad was shut down in 15 minutes.
(usually the stuff isn't stolen, because it doesn't exist - seller usually just selling pictures that he/she took when viewing items, at another property)

JOHN DEERE 425 GARDEN TRACTOR, MOWER, LOADER & VACCUM - $3700 (montreal)

Interesting seller emails follow:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Thank you for your email. I still have it for sale. Unfortunately for the moment I am outside of my place for the next 3 months due to my new working contract. When I have received this working contract, I have decided to close the transaction using a Third Party Agency (This type of agency will take care of all the transaction details). A transaction closed through this agency will assure safety for both buyer and seller at the same time. The name of the agency that I prefer to use is United Ship LTD ( http://united-ship-ltd.do.am/index.html ).
The item is as described (perfect working condition) with all the accessories.
At this moment the product is located into United Ship LTD custody. If you want to buy it, they will take care of all the arrangements.

Thank you!
Hello,

As mentioned in my previous message, the item is located into United Ship LTD custody and i intend to close the transaction through their Third Party Agency. Using this type of Agency will give you the chance to inspect the product before I receive the payment for it. I will explain to you step by step how this will work:

First of all and most important, if you agree to close the deal, you will have to send me your shipping information ( your full name and address/ contact phone number and if available also a fax number ).
After I receive your shipping information, I will contact United Ship LTD and make the shipping reservation into your name and with your shipping address as the intended receiver of the product.

You will receive a notification from United Ship LTD as a confirmation that the product is in their custody.
After that, you will have to send the payment to United Ship LTD.
United Ship LTD will verify the Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the product to your door step. The payment is sent to United Ship LTD Agency and not to me directly.
The payment will be forwarded to me only after you receive the product and confirm that you accept it.
After you will receive the product and you will be completely satisfied with it, you will instruct United Ship LTD with your decision.

If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the product, you will return it to United Ship LTD with no expense. I will support all the returning taxes.
The product will come with 10 days Return Policy ( period to inspect the product condition and if by any reason you won't be satisfied, you will be fully refunded within 24 hours).

The shipping is included in the total price!

So if you agree please reply with your name and address to start the transaction.

Thank you!
Beaumont { :>)) www.petperfectexpress.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135888 http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=136600&page=3
1992 JD 318 original paint w/484 hr. on P218g Onan & #49 snow blower / 1998 JD GT262 w/brand new Kawasaki OHV & 48" rebuilt deck
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135838
Uhhhh Huh yeah ok pal and the checks in the mail !:00000060::sterb025:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts