My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to pickup a YT16H. Owner claims the motor is a 15hp Kohler and is in good shape and the hydro and mower deck are as well but the mower clutch is out, He wants 275.00 for it. Is this about right for one of these? Just want to use it for pulling a trailer and sweeper and whatever else around the place.

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
876 Posts
That should have a 16 hp Kohler, and the "H" means it's hydraulic drive. If you are not going to use the deck then the cost of fixing the PTO is not an issue. So $275 is a pretty good price.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That should have a 16 hp Kohler, and the "H" means it's hydraulic drive. If you are not going to use the deck then the cost of fixing the PTO is not an issue. So $275 is a pretty good price.
Useing the deck is not something I'd do right away but would maybe like to do later and that seems to be a problem with this model. The only place I've found a PTO clutch is the New Holland website and the price makes it almost not worth doing. Theres a YT16 for sale down the road from me and would make a good parts tractor but it's older and has a briggs twin in it. I don't think the PTO clutch would be the same in that one. Unless I find some other source to find one I might have to pass on this tractor. I would like to restore it to decent over time but I don't want to have big money invested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts