My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shed Dweller
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look at a weight box for my 330 over the weekend. Turned out to be one that attaches to a 3-point hitch. The seller is also selling a 318 with engine troubles. It has a 3-point hitch on it so I asked him to let me know if he decides to sell it separately.

What would be a fair price to offer for it? It's old, but all there and not all rusted out.

Also, am I correct to assume that it will be a bolt-on to my 330?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Kevin, I am not sure if it is a direct crossover, but you could take measurements and compare the rockshafts.

I'd guess that a used one would go for darn near what a new one would as there is really not much to wear out on one other than bushings.

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
I went to look at a weight box for my 330 over the weekend. Turned out to be one that attaches to a 3-point hitch. The seller is also selling a 318 with engine troubles. It has a 3-point hitch on it so I asked him to let me know if he decides to sell it separately.

What would be a fair price to offer for it? It's old, but all there and not all rusted out.

Also, am I correct to assume that it will be a bolt-on to my 330?
Is it OEM JD? They were selling at a premium a few years back. I purchased my 3 point in 02 before you could buy an aftermarket alternative. It was NOS in the box, and I paid 375.00 for it. I see several manufacturers are offering 3 point hitches for the older 3XX Deere's now, and I would assume that the price for an OEM would of dropped as a result. I would say that it is worth 250 to 300 at least.

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
I'm guessing it's an original JD, but I don't know how to tell. He's asking $1000 for the whole tractor with a deck.
I think your tractor is the same as my 318 hitchwise. I have an OEM hitch.

·
Shed Dweller
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I had thought to take a picture of it. It looks similar to yours, but I can't say for sure it was exactly the same. It definitely wasn't as nice looking as yours!

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
I haven't seen even a used 3 point for the 300 series Deere sell for under $300, usually closer to $400 for decent ones and over $400 for the new aftermarket ones.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
yup; I'm gonna be lookin for a few things for a 314 especially if I "pull the trigger" on this new short block I found.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts