My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got about 10 hours on my 2010 x320. This thing makes my yard look great and an absolute riot to drive. But today I took the deck off and started to use it to move some downed timber and it just didn't perform like I thought it might. When I bought it I was so close to getting the x500 but didn't think I would need the diff lock. Well I think I was wrong.

Do you guys think it would be worth it to step up? I am wondering if I would take a real beating if I trade it in. Got any ideas what I should expect on trade in? O yea, I wonder if my wife will notice.....

thanks.

·
JoaT,MoN
379 Posts
how long have you had it? if you're within the 30 day window (+/- a few days depending on your dealer), you won't take any beating at all the way I understand it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Or... you could sneak another green tractor into the back yard,maybe a 140 or a 318.Just use one at a time and maybe the wife wont notice!:fing32:

·
Registered
921 Posts
How long have you had it for? Are you past the John Deere Promise? The diff lock on the X500 has gotten me out of some situations that I would have never even thought of doing on my X300.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My purchase date is june 25 2010. I didn't know if they were still doing the 30 day thing or not. I guess I will call in the morning and see what I can find out.

·
Registered
921 Posts
My purchase date is june 25 2010. I didn't know if they were still doing the 30 day thing or not. I guess I will call in the morning and see what I can find out.
Under the John Deere Promise you have 30 days to return the tractor for a full refund or to upgrade to a different tractor for the balance between the cost of your original and the cost of the new one. Looks like you tried to pull those limbs just in time.

·
Registered
921 Posts
You may want to opt for the HDAP rear tires if you plan to pull things in the future. They easy on the grass as long as you don't get them spinning and will give great traction w/ the diff lock down when needed.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Oh you are definitely going to love the performance of the X500 series.:thThumbsU Just don't :Stop: go and put your rear in the seat of X700 series while you are at the dealer or you will be in for a world of trouble trying to talk yourself out of buying one. :duh:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea, well I avoided sitting on a x500 for that very reason. I won't even let my eyes wonder over to the x700's..... HDAP hummmmm

·
Registered
921 Posts
one more quick question. Is the transaxle servicable on the x500?
Yes, you can drain and refill the oil. There is no filter in it though.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
You can alway buy a filter to put in it though. However I have gotten over 2.5 years and over 230+ trouble free hours of service out of my X500 so for with out one, and they have been some long hard working dusty and dirty hours. Oh yeah please get the HDAPs. Then after that think about getting yourself a jbjr. They make a great combo on the X500:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
You are so lucky, you get to play with two new Deeres within 30 days! :fing32:

Don't look at the 700s if you not ready to spend some $$$. I started looking at the 300s, decided to buy a 540, and ended up with a 748! :trink39:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts