My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says......I'm "stuck" no pun intended.

This blade driver on my 22035 is different than that on my newer 22040 by being a solid piece that slides on the keyed shaft. I can't get the engine off the deck with out removing this and removing the under side cover....what do I need to get this dang thing off? I don't have any fancy pullers and I have no intention of buying one so shade tree ideas only please....

THX..

·
Registered
643 Posts
I assume it has a bolt that screws into the shaft?? Put the bolt back in loosely and leave a gap between the head of the bolt and the piece above.

Put a 2 jaw puller on it and screw the puller screw down tight against the bolt head. Whack the puller head with a hammer. Tighten again and whack it again.

You should be able to rent a 2 jaw puller from an auto parts store.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Yeah looks like the job for a puller, and yes most auto parts stores "rent" them for basically nothing. You have to put a deposit down on the tools then you return it and they refund your money. Auto zone and O'rileys are that way at least...

No pullers? man I use mine all the time. I have 3 sizes of 3 jaw pullers that I bought cheap from one of those tool sales, also available from harbor freight. They aren't the best but I have given all 3 a real beating over the years and haven't broken or bent one yet!

·
Registered
643 Posts
The puller I would use for your job is similar to item number
320582779841 on ebay.

This will give you an idea of what you are looking for.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a three jaw that also converts to two I use at work....I'll borrow it and try it after a night of pb blaster..

thanks fellas.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I had one stuck like this before-pbblaster soak and then used my compressor 90psi and lightly used my air hammer on the flat sides on the driver the vibrations in short burst popped it right off. DOn;t press hard on the air hammer and it'll vibrate it off.

Pullers usually end up with a bent mess.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
seeing this thread made me really want to buy a puller! and can anypuller be used on a fly wheel or can a sterring wheel puller be used?

·
Deceased, April 2015
190 Posts
I've been where you are, Neal. A problem that can surface with bearing on a bolt with a puller is that the center cone of the puller wants to "walk" off center when pressure is applied. I have a lathe, mill, etc. in my shop. If you need to, let me know length and pitch of the bolt and I'll center drill one for you and drop it in the mail. Happy to do it.

Charlie

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great suggestions here and some true generosity also.....:thanku:

This picture says all I need to.....

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Dang.... no air hammer....:crybaby:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts